Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Profile: Norm

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18
  1. PhlipsM750
    11-21-2011 05:09 AM - permalink
    PhlipsM750
    Hey Norm, kits been awhile. How are things in Asheville? VA is beautiful. I have a question for you. On my '02 M750. I put a new counter shaft sprocket on and removed the , I think it was the release cylinder to get access to the front sprocket. I reassembled every thing but now the clutch won't engage. Any ideas. I have been I'll and have not ridden for about a month and some one told me the clutch plates can stick together sometimes after an extended park? Just need some direction. Wife had some friends who just moved close to Asheville might be coming there in the spring.
  2. Norm
    10-14-2010 09:46 AM - permalink
    Norm
    I'm not sure what all they do at 6 months, but 2 valve ducs are about as cheap as they come for maintenence. The most expensive would be valves (if they do that at 6k). If you where closer, I'd show you how to do it. It takes a couple of hours (if you need to change any shims) but is really simple.
    Healthwise, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. With any luck I'm be in Daytona again this March.
    Norm
  3. PhlipsM750
    10-13-2010 08:45 PM - permalink
    PhlipsM750
    hey man just wanter to say hello been really really busy at work. Getting ready to go get my 6k maint done what does that usually run at a shop.............. how ya been feeling.
  4. Norm
    09-03-2010 12:36 PM - permalink
    Norm
    Bad day today but generally pretty good.
  5. PhlipsM750
    09-02-2010 05:48 PM - permalink
    PhlipsM750
    you are the man thanks. how are you feeling?
  6. Norm
    09-01-2010 09:11 PM - permalink
    Norm
    I'm not very brand loyal, but any of the tractor oils. They don't have the same emisions control so they have better additive packages. Synthetic is best but not as important as most people think. 10-40, 15-50, anything in that general range.
  7. PhlipsM750
    09-01-2010 01:42 PM - permalink
    PhlipsM750
    hey getting ready to change the oil any reccommendations
  8. El Chicano
    08-30-2010 11:53 AM - permalink
    El Chicano
    Hope you get better Norm; thanks for the knowledge brotha'~
  9. Norm
    08-25-2010 10:58 AM - permalink
    Norm
    My health is making the jungle drum rounds these days?? I'm OK, a few of my organs are thinking about moving on without me but I'm on an every 3 month "watch" and so far, so good.
    Now, back to more fun stuff - those temps are fine, I forget the upper limit, but, as said before, I wouldn't rely on one of those gauges for anything critical. If it gets up another 30-50 degrees, just slow down for awhile.
  10. PhlipsM750
    08-25-2010 08:22 AM - permalink
    PhlipsM750
    when I am really "riding" the temps fluctuate between 205 and 220 is that right and what is the high tolerence. I just don't want to damage my bike. i saw the post about your health is every thing ok? have a great day and thanks for taking the time to give me some advice

About Me

• Signature
    www.hurricanemotorcycles.com
    A man that works with his hands is a laborer.
    A man that works with his hands & mind is a craftsman.
    A man that works with his hands, mind, & heart, is an artist.

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 06-13-2011 10:11 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2

Mentions

No results to display...

Quotes

No results to display...