Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - New Triumph 675
Thread: New Triumph 675
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM
R56

Re: New Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASADO
Nothing wrong with the D675, very nimble, fast and agile. Maintenance cost (i logged in almost 7k miles in 6 mos) and mods (price wise and availability) are pretty close with the Japanese counterparts. I had a bad car accident 4 years ago (t-boned by a gas guzzler, lane hogging Escalade) and the outcome was a slight neck problem. That being said, the D675's agressive riding position became evident in long rides (2+ hrs) and my neck wasnt to happy. Its a fun machine but since my riding consists of 70% commuting and 30% leisure, it was a no brainer that the monster suits me perfectly.

As i previously stated, I wished that I could have kept both. Cant go wrong with the D675 but I love Max and wouldnt give him up

For not disimilar reasons to Asado... I still love the 675, my mate has one and I miss it. Like wise Asado, wish I could have both.

I sent mine sideways down a bit of black top that resulted in a write off. When i was looking for a new bike, i wanted something more upright. As awesome as the seating position is when your going hell for leather, for general commuting is was a bit of a pain.

The decision in getting the Duc was that i didn't want anyting Japanese, my mates had a speed triple and super duke, which really leaves the Monster, Hypermotard and Tuono.

needless to say the monster won.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome