Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - starting problem and did my foam earplug really fix it?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
hogkrazy

starting problem and did my foam earplug really fix it?

After 1/2 hour of riding i stopped and shut off my bike to open a couple of vents on my jacket. When i tried to start it back up the headlight came on but the fuel pump did not buzz and the starter would not turn. I hit the starter button a couple more times and still nothing.
I checked my fuses to see if one had gotten loose and the 30 amp blue fuse seemed to have a bit of a wriggle to it compared to the others so i pushed it down and hit the starter button and it started right up.
I always carry an extra set of the disposable earplugs with me so i carefully put one on top of the fuse and put the top of the fuse box back on and rode the bike another 80 miles with 2 stops and restarts and everything appeared to be fine .
Now i'm not sure if this was the actual problem or could it be something else that will really leave me stranded. Has anyone had this problem before ? The bike is a 00 900 S model with Original battery , starter , etc.

2000 monster 900� fun� <br />2000 gezzer glide�&nbsp; cruising<br />2002 yamaha 250�&nbsp; dirt&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; no longer here<br />honda rebel 250� � � dmv loaner bike&nbsp; no longer here<br />1984 kawi 175 enduro ..... alive and kicking<br />1985 special construction hog<br />1981 yami virago 1000<br />yami 650 special 11<br />suki gt380

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome