So where are the Utah riders? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

So where are the Utah riders?

You have your forum now, so sound off!

I learned to ride in Utah, but moved to where the better jobs are and also discovered better riding at the same time. My nephew in Sandy has a 999 that he would probably let me borrow next time I come to Utah, if I can remember to bring my riding gear with me. I check in once in a while with http://www.utahsba.com/forum/ mainly to keep in touch with what's happening in the area.

So, would all of the Utah Monster (and other Ducati) riders please respond so we can see how big of a group you are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Re: So where are the Utah riders?

Congrats on the new board!!!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.<br />-Douglas Adams<br /><br />Thug Life of the carpet shark!!!
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 PM

YEAH !!!

I'm HERE !

Logan, UT lived here most of my life

~DaVe

Dave Hoppie
1971 Suzuki TS125'R'
1999 DUCATI MONSTER M900 CITY w/Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40
Pics and Mods

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM

Scott-

We're a bit slow on the DML traffic now as it's still a bit early in the season, I think. However, I'd say we have about 8 weenies like myself who seem to spend a decent amount of time here and then about 6 others that pop in from time to time. Then, I've ridden with a few other Monster riders in the area who are not on the DML but want to (just lazy).

You shouldn't have left for better work-things have been getting better here, at least in my opinion. I guess it depends on what you do. I'm a corporate weenie. Work for GE going on 9 years. Yikes.

&quot;It's not procrastination if you never get to it&quot;&nbsp; -Self
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:34 AM

I know i used to be a "pop off" for a while... but i think i can be classified as a weenie now! Anyway, im down in Lehi, but i will ride ANYWHERE! Grew up in San Diego, learned to ride out in the desert, crashed enough, thought id try it on the pavement.

Bikes i have jumped and or crashed<br />05 H.D. Roadking Classic - (wasnt trying to jump it ...but managed not to crash it)<br />04 Yamaha Zuma - jumped and crashed - really funny to watch!! <br />03 KX250 - (whoops suck!! lots of whoops + too much speed + loose grip = really funny crash!)<br />84 KDX 200 - i think i crashed it more than i rode it! (the bike i learned on)
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 AM

I grew up in Orem, and moved to Provo just a few years ago (Orem is much better than Provo).

I'm on here all the time as I'm job searching now that school is out.

Looking for a cheap (or free!) shift lever.&nbsp; Please PM me if you have a stock one lying around and wouldn't mind it going to a good home.<br /><br /><br />2003 620 dark.&nbsp; CRG levers.&nbsp; Bar end mirrors.&nbsp; K&amp;N air filter.&nbsp; Chopped and cored cans.&nbsp; Emissions canister and reflectors removed.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 PM

SLC, nextdoor to some sweet canyon rides (once the roads are clear)

mods;<br />termi's, power commander, open airbox, tailchop, led rear, 900ss cams, rizoma triple tree and clip-ons, frame sliders, 14t front sprocket
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R. Nelson
You have your forum now, so sound off!
HoooAAAHHH! Or whatever we're supposed to do to sound off.

The group's growing and thanks to Michael Moore for finally sectioning this area off.

Scott, whenever you're in the area, get in touch!

-Brad

'06 M620 Dark
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

naked in SLC
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm in salt lake with a black s2r800. Lurked around the old post for a while but never said anything because I have been riding for less than a year and just wanted to go at my own pace learning. Thought I'd introduce myself at least and I'd be interested to start riding with more people and riding different places. The name is Kevin by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode