Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Introduce yourself here

57K views 460 replies 163 participants last post by  Peter Rassool 
#1 ·
This thread will be a way for everyone to introduce themselves. Give us the basic info- your name, where you are from, what you ride etc....  btw- we wont limit ourselves to Ducs, in the event that someone wants to ride along, while wishing they owned one  :p
so here is goes.
I am Tony, live in Austin in a van down by the river. Actually I live right next door to the Continental Club. I ride an '02 M620. I am new to the area- this is my second month here, I frequent 2222 and Lime Creek on the weekends. Here is a pic I took on the way out there.

See less See more
#252 ·
what up austin!!!!!!!!

What up guys, just got my first bike 02' M750 S and I luuuuv it. Been riding about a month and it has quite a few miles from prev. owner 22k!!! I do have a question though, I have encountered some odd action with the bike. Three times, and on different occasions, I have been flying through the gears and have noticed 3rd and sometimes 4th gear not engaging immediately!!! Any ideas??? Also, anybody know of any certified ducati mechanics that underprice the dealership?? We should meet up somewhere, as I'm the only person I know of who owns a bike..

#253 ·
Re: what up austin!!!!!!!!

ducu said:
What up guys, just got my first bike 02' M750 S and I luuuuv it. Been riding about a month and it has quite a few miles from prev. owner 22k!!! I do have a question though, I have encountered some odd action with the bike. Three times, and on different occasions, I have been flying through the gears and have noticed 3rd and sometimes 4th gear not engaging immediately!!! Any ideas??? Also, anybody know of any certified ducati mechanics that underprice the dealership?? We should meet up somewhere, as I'm the only person I know of who owns a bike..
Welcome to the board. As far as maintenance, there are a few recommendations on our board. Feel free to post your question in a new thread- not everyone looks here. (I am kinda bad about it myself). We are working on getting the Austin crew to have a bike night so we can all get together on a regular basis. Glad to have you on board. -Tony

#254 ·
hi all im ryan and im new to the forums. im currently in oklahoma city due to the Air Force however i feel that Texas is a much cooler state. therefore i would like to come down on some rides with you all if you dont mind having a non-native okie along for the ride. i just bought an 07' s2r 1000 about 3 months ago but she's no garage queen (already has 4200 miles on it and i bought it with 5).

hope to join you all soon
-ryan

#256 ·
Hello Duc fans! GaryF is the very proud owner of the S4RS from ebay auction. Trailered it to Houston last Sat. Seasoned rider, but first Duc. Did a track day with a buddy at Barber on one of his and got hooked. Live in Meyerland area and if you see a nice, red S4RS with a white-haired guy wearing a big smile, give a wave...

#258 ·
Hey Guys! I was looking all over for the right Monster and found one on Ebay that I really liked and the guy lived about 5 minutes away! I'm now a huge Monster fan and ride it almost everyday. You can find me going to/from work on Cypress Creek, Volente, Bullock, and 2222.....Cedar Park to Austin. I'm fairly new to the area and would like to get together on some bike nights, rides, or just to watch some racing on Sundays. I look forward to meeting you all soon.

-Jeff

#259 ·
Texduc said:
Hey Guys! I was looking all over for the right Monster and found one on Ebay that I really liked and the guy lived about 5 minutes away! I'm now a huge Monster fan and ride it almost everyday. You can find me going to/from work on Cypress Creek, Volente, Bullock, and 2222.....Cedar Park to Austin. I'm fairly new to the area and would like to get together on some bike nights, rides, or just to watch some racing on Sundays. I look forward to meeting you all soon.

-Jeff
welcome aboard jeff, keep an eye out on this forum, those austin folk will gather up sooner or later!

#262 ·
wrenchwench said:
Hey ya'll, I'm Felicia, new to San Antonio. I have an '03 620 Dark (lightly modified-exhaust, tail chop, the usual suspects) that needs some exercise. Would appreciate some info on locate routes and such.
welcome! I'm sure the local folk would be happy to help you out, but to start you out, go find 335, 336, 337, the three sisters, great roads [thumbsup]

#263 ·
watup everyone,
Name's Chris, from houston. I've been riding off and on for about 3 yrs now. Just got a 1999 monster dark 750. It needs a bit of work b/c the last owner wrecked on it. i couldnt pass up on the price and i like projects, but after reading a few posts, i'm getting more nervous about what i've gotten myself into. hope to find a bunch of help on here, plus some other monster riders in houston. hope to see some of you all soon... time to go charge this battery and see if she'll fire up for me, keep ur fingers crossed for me :p

#264 ·
welcome aboard chris!

just a heads up... it doesn't exist w/o pics. how bad is the damage from the crash? i'm sure there is a good number of houston guys *cough*hiero*cough* that could help you with any questions about your project.

#265 ·
agxrunner said:
watup everyone,
Name's Chris, from houston. I've been riding off and on for about 3 yrs now. Just got a 1999 monster dark 750. It needs a bit of work b/c the last owner wrecked on it. i couldnt pass up on the price and i like projects, but after reading a few posts, i'm getting more nervous about what i've gotten myself into. hope to find a bunch of help on here, plus some other monster riders in houston. hope to see some of you all soon... time to go charge this battery and see if she'll fire up for me, keep ur fingers crossed for me :p
welcome chris! first thing's first, I would have the frame checked, after that, feel free to post up here or in the tech section, etc, or send me a pm and I can pass along my number if you've got any questions you want quick answers to

the 99 had a few differences from my 2000, but overall they're all basically the same

#267 ·
hmm, looks like your frame probably didn't suffer any tweaks most likely

I would send the tank out to someone who knows what they're doing with monster tanks though (ie. nate at frosty's finishes, ducpainter on this board). He'll pull the dents, repaint, POR-15 the inside, and reinforce the hinge. That is, whenever you decide to fix it anyways...

looks like a slow-speed (if moving at all) low-side on the right with an initial good impact fall

the front rim looks like it's probably bent, that will definitely need to be addressed. If the rim was damaged like that in the fall, I would have the forks checked along with the steering tube and front end stuff on the frame.

SABS can help you out with checking the frame and can definitely repair the rim. Look them up, they're on the southwest side of town off 59 and bissonet

got a bit of a leak around your right side clutch cover, could be coming from the cover itself or from the crankcase breather valve, not a big deal really...

Looks like the previous owner put some DP slip-ons and a DP tachometer kit, got rid of the front signals (and provisions to even put any on), put different rear signals (although the person left all the reflectors on ???), took the front fender off, and the rest is basically stock (except for the graphic on the tank), looks like a pretty good find [thumbsup]

G
#269 ·
Whats up! This Jesus from houston, been riding for about 2 years and got my first monster a couple of weeks ago; but ive been lurking this place for longer... I'm going out of the country on tuesday for a month and it just kills me to leave my baby for so long.... Oh well going to Venezuelan beaches for a month, I think ill find a way to distract myself ;D

#270 ·
Hello Duc Nation,

I have been lurking the site as well for a while. I am a long time Duc rider, mostly Superbikes, please don't hold that against me! I live up in Georgetown and ride my 94 916 Mono mostly. I hit the hill country when the weather is good and just about any track day I can get to. I hope to catch up to some of you around Austin it's always nice to meet others in the Duc nation! A good friend just bought his first Monster and is hooked as well. Can anyone tell me about Ming's? What night, where it's at? Us country folks might want to venture into the big city!

Regards,

MadDuc916

#271 ·
Chipo said:
Whats up! This Jesus from houston, been riding for about 2 years and got my first monster a couple of weeks ago; but ive been lurking this place for longer... I'm going out of the country on tuesday for a month and it just kills me to leave my baby for so long.... Oh well going to Venezuelan beaches for a month, I think ill find a way to distract myself ;D
welcome man! hit us up when you get back, now that all the rain's out (for now), we'll be hitting up Ming's Houston more often (there were a few out there this week)

MadDuc916 said:
Hello Duc Nation,

I have been lurking the site as well for a while. I am a long time Duc rider, mostly Superbikes, please don't hold that against me! I live up in Georgetown and ride my 94 916 Mono mostly. I hit the hill country when the weather is good and just about any track day I can get to. I hope to catch up to some of you around Austin it's always nice to meet others in the Duc nation! A good friend just bought his first Monster and is hooked as well. Can anyone tell me about Ming's? What night, where it's at? Us country folks might want to venture into the big city!

Regards,

MadDuc916
welcome madduc! we've got plenty of sbk love (and a few of us own them ourselves ;)), Ming's Austin meets on wednesday nights, so go on out there when you get a chance, introduce yourself to the owner, Fai, and get to know your fellow two wheelers (there are great people who show up who aren't even on ducs!)!

G
#272 ·
hiero said:
welcome man! hit us up when you get back, now that all the rain's out (for now), we'll be hitting up Ming's Houston more often (there were a few out there this week)

Sure thing! Oh, btw, i go to A and M in College Station so if any of you guys go to track days at the speedway expect to find me there as well as a place to chill out before or after tearing the track up :)

#276 ·
it's all fun and games :)

Hook 'em ;D

Hope to hear you on some rides with either the Austin or Houston crew... once you're back from Venezuela (so jealous)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.