Best parts? Front fork/suspension refresh - 2k M750 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post Best parts? Front fork/suspension refresh - 2k M750

I've seen some great posts on here about 900ie front end rebuild/refresh but never quite sure if that relates directly to carb'd M750 models 2000 and under - mine is 2k M750 [so apologies in advance if this is a repeat].

I need to replace my steering head bearings, and my rear shock [oem Sachs] is squeaky as hell [I'm too heavy] so thinking a broader refresh is in order [just rolled over 20k].

Considering the cheaper non remote reservoir Ohlins out back [Ohlins model S46DR1] - appreciate input/feedback from anyone with experience using this part or others, trying to get quality without breaking the bank].

Also wondering what people recommend in terms of front fork rebuild. Thinking Race Tech? [RACE TECH - FORK SPRINGS Item #: FRSP S3627090] - again thanks for any input/recommendations.

FTR I will not be doing this work myself but taking it to a local shop that is very reliable but not Duc-specific so I will likely need to source my own parts [not a bad thing!]. Recommendations on all key replaceable front fork/suspension components are greatly appreciated [everything I'll likely need to buy].

TY in advance.

Matt

Keep the dirty side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:12 PM

You can't go wrong with Racetech or Ohlins. Make sure you research the correct rate spring on their website before ordering. I don't have good input on what weight fork oil is best for those forks, maybe do a search here. I usually try ATF which is about 10 w and cheap, then go up or down from there.

07 S4RS, 96 900 SS, 06 Busa, 77 Bonny, 00 Superglide, 78 SR500, 85 Sportster
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:50 PM

All Balls is as good as anybody for the steering head bearings.

07 S4RS, 96 900 SS, 06 Busa, 77 Bonny, 00 Superglide, 78 SR500, 85 Sportster

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc96cr View Post
You can't go wrong with Racetech or Ohlins. Make sure you research the correct rate spring on their website before ordering. I don't have good input on what weight fork oil is best for those forks, maybe do a search here. I usually try ATF which is about 10 w and cheap, then go up or down from there.
Hey thanks for that. At least one of the companies that sells the Ohlins unit will actually set it up for your bike/weight, so I'll likely defer to that [plus they are based in Italy]. I'll have to go to Racetech to research. Good stuff.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc96cr View Post
All Balls is as good as anybody for the steering head bearings.
GTK, thank you.

Keep the dirty side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode