Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Troubleshoot: WOT to redline

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SwiftTone 
#1 ·
I have a 06 s2r1000. The bike doesn't run good when I open the throttle all the way and try to ride the engine all the way to redline. At about 6000rpm the engine will get loud but rpm and speed doesn't really continue to increase. Everything seem fine if I ride the engine to redline using 3/4 throttle.

The bike runs pretty rich. The previous owner put on aftermarket exhaust with refreshed ecu. How do I troubleshoot it?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Kind of sounds like what I just went through with my S4RS. If I rode the bike like normal traffic it ran like a top. If I wanted to nail the throttle, say in 3rd, and blast off onto an on ramp it would fall on it's face. It would begin to die instead of making more power.

If that's what you are experiencing I installed a new fuel filter and cleaned out all the lines in the tank and that seems to have fixed my troubles.

#4 ·
That's exactly what was happening. Why I said "say in 3rd gear". I was giving an example.

Didn't matter what gear I was in. As long as I rode it without spiking WOT it would break 100mph without a problem. However, once I got moving and gave it the WOT it would fall on it's face. It was as though I was trying to ride in 6th gear when I was only going 20mph and tried to accelerate away.

#6 ·
I can't say for sure as I don't think I ever would take a S4RS to WOT from a dead stop. It would flip over.

#8 ·
So far I've done valves, fuel filter, spark plugs, TPS reset, new(used) ECU, new(used) coils. Still not resolved. About to get the TB synced.

I noticed the other day that when it wouldn't behave like this earlier in the ride, and once it got really warmed up it fell on its face when trying to go WOT to redline.

Also, any idea on what those twin relays are next to the battery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.