LED brake light always on! - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry LED brake light wont come on!

Hey guys, Im trying to rebuild my bike after a crash, and i got another integrated tail light. However the brake light is won't come on. I have taken the Yellow wire (which is the Always hot wire used for running lights) , To test each function. every part works on the tail light. This means that the Grey and red wire used for the "brake light" is not receiving power.

I looked at the front brake sensor, (which should be protruding in order to ground the circuit). So i took that off and held it in my hand pushing the button in and out to see if that would do anything. it did not affect the light. so it may be bad.

I tried the same thing with the Rear brake and that didn't work either.

Is there a way to check and see if either sensor is bad?? perhaps unplug both and try testing with a power source and test light??

I really don't want to buy 2 new sensors if i only need one.
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by XD Dutton; 01-10-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Wrong problem.
XD Dutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Really need some help on this. I know it has to be either sensor... Or could it be both? since both dont send power to the Grey/Red brake light wire when activated? i also need to know how to test the sensors individually in case its a wire problem inbetween.. God i hope not.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I tested the sensors with a multimeter set to ohms. according to that theyre both fine. so i looked through the manual's wire diagram and apparantly part of the circuit includes the fuel pump. Because the fuel tank and pump are unplugged i think the circuit is open! hopefully this is the case and it will work once i get the fuel system put back together.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Me too. The only thing I could think of was that you had the wires reversed for the always on and the actual brake light.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
01 M600, aka, The Pink Monster
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Ducati 250 bevel, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
caferacermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mike i thought i was mixing them up before but according to the wire diagram the brake light is supposed to be the red/grey.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Ground

Could some paint be insulting the ground wire or a ground connection severed?
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

no Im fairly certain that its the fact that the fuel pump is tied into the same circuit. if im correct ill let you guys know when i finally get the tank from the shop.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

got the gas tank back today, and after plugging in the fuel pump still no power to that red/grey wire... this sucks! I really don't know what to do now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement