Throttle Cable length on a '02 M900ie - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Throttle Cable length on a '02 M900ie

Hey everyone - need some advice from the experts here. So I went to add some bar risers to my aftermarket handlebar (accossato) on my '02 M900ie and ran into an issue with the throttle cable being too short. Had everything completed and when I started the bike up it jumped to full rev within a few seconds. Freaked me out so I took the risers off after troubleshooting to discover the throttle cable was being stretched pretty much fully open hence the high revs. I'm still learning alot about these bikes and trying to do things myself so I'm wondering what the solution would be in this instance. Are there longer throttle cables that I can simply swap out for my stock one that won't bind up like this? What should I be looking for exactly? I know you often get cables with a riser kit but mine did not come with any. This is the set I bought:

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41c5_12.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	105161  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 PM
You will most likely need a longer cable, unless you were able to reroute- but it doesn't seem like you will. Call around to your local shops you may find someone near by who can put together a custom cable for you. Nothing to it but you need the crimping tools...

Otherwise motion pro sells cables...

Sent from my iPhone using App

2012 848 EVO
2001 M900Sie
2000 M750 (sold)
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode