Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacermike View Post
I remember your thread about your initial troubles. I also recall telling you not to buy a Lithium battery until you figured out what the problem was first, telling you back on 10-16 that if your system drains the Lithium battery below a certain charge level that all of the manufacturers state that the battery is considered dead. Here is that thread, I was the second reply, http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...g-battery.html

From what I could tell in the thread, you bought the Ballistic before replacing the shot voltage regulator. So in the back of my head I feel as though I've mentioned this fact at least 4 or 5 times to deaf ears.

Directly from the Ballistic website, I'm hoping you've bothered to at least fact check what I've been saying, http://www.ballisticparts.com/downlo...structions.pdf

Above link is the users manual for the battery as stated by Ballistic, do not allow a parasitic drain to lower the charge below 9v, so be careful with accessories and alarms. Once drained to 6v or below, the battery is considered dead.

Those are the 3rd and 4th warnings in the manual, right after the application chart. The 6th warning states that failure to do so will void the warranty.

Ride the bike for a week or so with the old lead acid, if it stays charged then you know the system is working and that your lithium is shot. You can always try to make a claim, heck maybe there was an issue with the battery as well as the voltage regulator. My feeling is that since they state the battery should not be allowed to run dead, that it was killed in the line of duty. Maybe they will cut you some slack and just send out a new one. Probably like HDepot and Walmart, they don't really care what the reason is, just make the problem go away. That would be good for you if that is the case. I know another member called them and said his was DOA and they made it right immediately.

Good luck and I hope the bike is finally fixed so you can enjoy it.
Thank you very much for the info!! Before I got the Reg/Rec fixed, the bike went to another shop and all indications were that it was fixed. Then I bought the Ballistic. Welp....it wasn't fixed. If it was something like the clutch was flying off while I was riding I would be wayyyyy more upset but seeing as how electrical is such a bugger I can understand. Paying the price for the batt kinda sucks but not much I can do about it at this point.

I neglected to mention this because I pretty much only like to post fixes that actually work, not oops fixes.

If you want "Cars Suck" stickers PM me with your address and I will send you some.

Have
Black 2005 S2R800
Titanium 2007 S4Rt
Was yellow is now Red 1999 996s

Had
Charcoal Gray 1999 900 Monster (Trade for stuff on the house)
Black 2004 999S (Traded for Hyper)
Yellow 2004 749s (traded in for S2R1000)
Yellow 1997 748s (sold)
Red 2008 Hypermotard 1100s (sold)
Silver 2007 S2R 1000(Traded for 996s)
Silver 2002 M750 (sold)

You meet the nicest Hooligans on a Monster!
S4Rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement