CRG brake lever too "effective"? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default CRG brake lever too "effective"?

Hi,

So I got the CRG RC2 installed on my M796 yesterday at the

dealer's, and altho the new clutch lever setting was just right, on my way back,

the brake lever seemed a bit too responsive, in a very short pull.

Basically, when you pull the brake lever, there is a substantial area of free

play, and then the brake just grabs too abruptly, when it used to be a lot more

gradual and smooth on the oem lever... Does anyone have any experience with

adjusting the feel and sensitivity of the brakes? Could it simply be that the pin

needs to be adjusted? i have a 2012 M796 with barely 1,100 kms on it,

and had no problems so far, but as a terrible mechanic, don't want to poke

around the bike without having some feedback.. and I didn't trust the dealer's

servicing after my first visit

Thanks for the help!

A
sasha796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yea, just adjust the pin that activates the plunger. also depending on how far you have them adjusted for the reach(as in finger length reach), it could have an effect on how you are applying them. Play with them in the garage first then go out on a back road or a not so busy area and get used to the new feel!! I had to adjust my levers after I installed the PAZZO shorty levers, my clutch was not engaging all the way out and same thing was happening on the brake, they felt spongy, until I adjusted the reach....

Early 2011 Showa Forks 796 Red Monster(sans ABS)
15/41 gearing.
2006 GSXR 600 track bike.
Duc796canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Be VERY careful if you don't know what you're doing. The actuator rod/pin for the master cylinder on the lever must be backed out far enough to allow the vent between the reservoir and the master cylinder to be clear when the lever is released. If not, there is nowhere for the fluid in the line to expand to as it heats up during use. This can lock your brake on and your chin will hit the road pretty fast and hard. There is a good walk through for pin adjustment on Ducatimonstersuite website. Other than that, as the previous poster said, have a play with the reach adjustment. That can change how they feel to you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement