Can't decide on ECU options for M1100evo! - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Can't decide on ECU options for M1100evo!

I've been reading for weeks trying to find solid answers on how to go about upgrading my ECU.

Have a Leo Vince slipon on the way, would like to either remove the intake box and install a cone filter or do MWR power up kit type modification on my own.

ECU tuning is a subjective topic and everyone has a different answer, here's what I've gathered:
- Motowheels reflash and other canned flashes ues a very similar map to Ducati Performance, isn't an option as it won't give enough fuel to keep up with a cone intake, is that accurate? Or can I consider that route?

- Power Commander 5 or Bazzaz is the better option. Can I have PC or Bazzaz programmed with a map to suit my needs?

- Will I need to buy the additional auto tuner (both companies offer) and have my bike unfuck it's AF ratio on the fly?

- With the Bazzaz or PC will I be able to disable the stock 02/exhaust flapper? Also will I be able to address any other issue that makes the bike run poorly at low RPM?

- If the 02 can be disabled, can I remove it and install the auto tuner wideband in its place?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure that Motowheels uses the ProTune Powermap to remap the ecu. There are tunes (maps) available for nearly any mods that you make. Just tell them what your setup is and they can load the proper map for it.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement