M796 Broken Clutch Lever Sensor - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gasaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lilburn, GA
Posts: 175
Default M796 Broken Clutch Lever Sensor

Hello to all,

I could not find this issue in the search, however I have a feeling that it has to have been touch on already.

There is a sensor (or so I am assuming) attached to the bar, right behind the clutch lever. The clutch lever actuates it/ depresses it. I am unsure of what the purpose of this part is. I am curious as to how important it is because the unit on my bike snapped. I have rigged it with zipties; however the the unit does not maintain contact with the lever.


Thank you to anyone who can give me info.

Just an FYI, I have not been to the dealer because the dealer is about 2 hours away; I have not had the time. I am assuming that this will be covered under warranty.
__________________
2012 Monster 796
gasaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Default

I had mine broken on my aprilia and URL best bet is to glue it back together with the plastic weld glue.
Worked for me perfectly.....


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Klutch_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 9
Default

I'm also curious as to what this little bar does...


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
__________________
Mods so far: 14T, 2 wheels shorty adjustable levers(black with red adjusters), CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors.
karlengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Default

Engaging the clutch itself with press/release force....and feeds info to the ECU.......if its broken the clutch would not wrk no matter what......


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Klutch_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gasaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lilburn, GA
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch_R View Post
I had mine broken on my aprilia and URL best bet is to glue it back together with the plastic weld glue.
Worked for me perfectly.....


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Thank you, I am going to try that.

I did not think that this would cause any issues with the bike, actually working. I thought it was more related to the EMS monitoring of clutch actuation, for data logging purposes. I have not tested the bike out since I have noticed that it broke; it has been off of the road for some basic paint work.

Looks like I am stopping by the depot on the way home today.
__________________
2012 Monster 796
gasaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Default

I glued it to the max(obviously I didn't leave any blobs of glue around) but I waited a day till it reaches full straight and it was fine!
Ps:that is some macgyver shit one one one!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Klutch_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

 
caferacermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,562
Default

Was going to say, "just order one, shouldn't be more than about $15", but feckeneh was I ever wrong.

Item Name:
MICROSWITCH 620-800 S/03

Item Number:
53940341A

Qty: Price: 84.99


But because I love to look for good deals,

$22
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-Ducati-Mo...144448&vxp=mtr


That is the only one I could find on Ebay but it saves you a trip to the Dealer. You might be able to send your Dealer a picture of yours and if they are good peeps, they may be willing to mail you one. I wouldn't count on it though as it might be difficult for them to prove they did the repairs for reimbursement.
__________________
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
01 M600, aka, The Pink Monster
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Ducati 250 bevel, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
caferacermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 31
Default

The bike will not start when it is in gear...unless you are disengaging the clutch. This sensor tells the bike that you pulling the lever in to disengage.
grolla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gasaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lilburn, GA
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacermike View Post
Was going to say, "just order one, shouldn't be more than about $15", but feckeneh was I ever wrong.

Item Name:
MICROSWITCH 620-800 S/03

Item Number:
53940341A

Qty: Price: 84.99


But because I love to look for good deals,

$22
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-Ducati-Mo...144448&vxp=mtr


That is the only one I could find on Ebay but it saves you a trip to the Dealer. You might be able to send your Dealer a picture of yours and if they are good peeps, they may be willing to mail you one. I wouldn't count on it though as it might be difficult for them to prove they did the repairs for reimbursement.
Thank you for that link.

I had the shop come pick the bike up. The bike locked up on me in the middle of the road.

I had used a silicone based glue, however it did not hold the unit tightly enough, and it shifted on the bracket causing the shift lever to miss it.

Luckily I was able to rig it to get the bike back home. I called Ducati road side to come get it, and they sent the dealer to pick it up. Now I am just waiting on the dealer to get back to me.

I am hoping that it is all covered by the warranty. I was told that it should be. If not then I will be buying the one for 20 and going up there to install that thing myself.
__________________
2012 Monster 796
gasaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gasaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lilburn, GA
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasaholic View Post
Thank you for that link.

I had the shop come pick the bike up. The bike locked up on me in the middle of the road.

I had used a silicone based glue, however it did not hold the unit tightly enough, and it shifted on the bracket causing the shift lever to miss it.

Luckily I was able to rig it to get the bike back home. I called Ducati road side to come get it, and they sent the dealer to pick it up. Now I am just waiting on the dealer to get back to me.

I am hoping that it is all covered by the warranty. I was told that it should be. If not then I will be buying the one for 20 and going up there to install that thing myself.
Issue was covered under warranty. After a month of waiting the bike finally came back...
__________________
2012 Monster 796
gasaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum