Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

M796 Broken Clutch Lever Sensor

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gasaholic 
#1 ·
Hello to all,

I could not find this issue in the search, however I have a feeling that it has to have been touch on already.

There is a sensor (or so I am assuming) attached to the bar, right behind the clutch lever. The clutch lever actuates it/ depresses it. I am unsure of what the purpose of this part is. I am curious as to how important it is because the unit on my bike snapped. I have rigged it with zipties; however the the unit does not maintain contact with the lever.

Thank you to anyone who can give me info.

Just an FYI, I have not been to the dealer because the dealer is about 2 hours away; I have not had the time. I am assuming that this will be covered under warranty.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you, I am going to try that.

I did not think that this would cause any issues with the bike, actually working. I thought it was more related to the EMS monitoring of clutch actuation, for data logging purposes. I have not tested the bike out since I have noticed that it broke; it has been off of the road for some basic paint work.

Looks like I am stopping by the depot on the way home today.

#7 ·
Was going to say, "just order one, shouldn't be more than about $15", but feckeneh was I ever wrong.

Item Name:
MICROSWITCH 620-800 S/03

Item Number:
53940341A

Qty: Price: 84.99

But because I love to look for good deals,

$22
http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-Ducati-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item336f144448&vxp=mtr

That is the only one I could find on Ebay but it saves you a trip to the Dealer. You might be able to send your Dealer a picture of yours and if they are good peeps, they may be willing to mail you one. I wouldn't count on it though as it might be difficult for them to prove they did the repairs for reimbursement.

#9 ·
Thank you for that link.

I had the shop come pick the bike up. The bike locked up on me in the middle of the road.

I had used a silicone based glue, however it did not hold the unit tightly enough, and it shifted on the bracket causing the shift lever to miss it.

Luckily I was able to rig it to get the bike back home. I called Ducati road side to come get it, and they sent the dealer to pick it up. Now I am just waiting on the dealer to get back to me.

I am hoping that it is all covered by the warranty. I was told that it should be. If not then I will be buying the one for 20 and going up there to install that thing myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.