Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Monster 620 Dark turns over long time but won't start

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  schmitty71435 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. After tons of google/forum searching, i haven't been able to find an answer to my specific case. If there is one, i apologize.

I have a 2005 Ducati Monster 620 Dark. Last week i was rear ended at a light. The damage wasn't too bad considering and consisted of cosmetic damage and the pipes bent outward. They arent broken and there does not seem to be damage that would affect how it runs, but i could be severely wrong.

Over the last week the bike has been sitting in my yard waiting for insurance from the guy who hit me to get handled so i could get it in to the shop for an estimate. About 2 days ago i started the bike up fine (and also drove it back from the accident fine) with no problems. Today, when i push the starter, the bike turns over for probably 5 or more seconds but wont start up. Also, even if i push the starter just for a split second and let off, it continues to turn over and over.

It is parked outside but has not rained (even in Seattle, woohoo). I can hear the pump going as i turn the ignition on and it is definitely not the battery.

I'm not very mechanically inclined (working on it as i have the money) so i apologize beforehand if any of this sounds dumb and/or obvious. I am trying to get it in to the dealer tuesday after labor day and would love to ride it in and not pay for a tow. Thanks

edit:i was going to delete this thread but couldnt figure out how. After i posted i found this video on youtube which is exactly how my bike sounds. The uploader said it was his fuel injector pickup sensor. Going to look into/try that. If you guys have any input it is greatly appreciated

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.