Monster 1100 Evo back header glowing red - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Philb, thanks for being a moderator on this one, your insight is correct. Originally wvcruiser stated he felt like he was being fleeced by Ducati and his dealer about the "fueling" issues of his Monster. I agree with that statement, to an extent. It's a learning curve, for Ducati and Siemens on this model. Siemens hasn't been doing this long for motorcycles. Ducati made the switch from Magneti Marelli, that is a user friendly fueling system. I've owned some of the first Suzuki GSXR-750's with FI as well as a Honda RC-51, these models both had similiar issues. I didn't have to go to the OEM and spend an additional 1000 dollars for a work around. PC III, and a couple of dyno runs, I'm done. Bazzaz currently has a processor that will work and it's only time, till a PC-V will be available for the EVO 1100. "RacingJ" practicing the three R's of motorcycling "Ridin Renchin & Racing"
racingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Installed Bazzaz and fixed all the problems.. No dyno needed
AKATAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

AKATAA Thanks for the post. My next question is what is the physical size of the unit, and where did you find a place to mount/install it ? The Monster is packaged very tight and I'm not sure there is room under the seat for the processor. Is it a small size. Thanks. RacingJ
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Racingj,
The unit goes over the ECU, under the tank. The unit is smaller than the ECU. Easy installation if you follow the instructions provided. It will take you from 40 mins to an hour to install it.
AKATAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks AKATAA ! Glad to see aftermarket companys manufacture products for the new Monster 1100EVO. The Monster is a great bike with just a few issues to sort through. Racingj.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have to agree with many of the posts. The bike is great but the low RPM fueling is unexuseable. I've stalled in traffic four times. I've ridden for 28 years, owned 22 bikes. Never had this issue. I'm sure Ducati could recall the map and flash it to eliminate the issue without breaking emission laws. They did that for my (and all) multistrada 1200 last year. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by motorcycle561; 07-31-2012 at 06:46 PM.
motorcycle561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

I dont have an evo i have the 09 1100 i just recived my PCV and auto tune AT-300 i have just the termi slipons not sure of the performance with the full system as for the DP ECU it came with the bike it ok not outstanding but not bad i reflashed and the bike ran awsome in the heat but terrable in the cold hence the auto tune and Pcv so it is just a bit off but let me tell you in the heat the bike runs like it should BAD ASS, FAST, POWERFULL it is a monster i do agree that ducati is a weired breed but i think every Mfg has there quarks i think it is only a small inconvience to do some extra tuning i think the dealers should be honest about it even my honda cbr600 rr rand better with a power commander and just a slip on so did my HD so to be honest i dont really see a diffrence
Cisco Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement