Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

2007 S4R blowing 30 amp fuse

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Alfastud75 
#1 ·
Please help!!
I tried jumping my S4R and the bike started and then turned off. When I turned the key, I have no electric to the gauges. I found a 30 amp fuse that was blown. Is this the main fuse. I replaced it and it blew again. Everytime I replace this fuse, it blews as soon as I turn the key.

Any ideas what this might be???

#3 ·
Never jump start a motorcycle, the electrics just aren't made for that.

Heck I've seen where a car battery caused a motorcycle battery to explode, thankfully your fuse blew instead.

I'm betting you now have an exposed, and melted, red power wire somewhere and or a melted starter solenoid.

I'd start tracing your heavy red wires and don't plan on riding for any amount of time.

#4 ·
I got the bike to start once and when I turned it off I couldn't start it again and the fuse was blown. Now, everytime I put a new fuse in, the gauges make a noise and the fuse blows in 5 seconds. I am thinking I have a melted wire somewhere that is making contact with something metal, blowing the fuse

#5 ·
I know this in an old topic but I have a potential answer since it wasn't updated with one. Exact same thing happened to me on the freeway. I thought I had a short as well. Turned out the voltage regulator blew out and fried my alternator. You bike keeps blowing fuses to keep you from frying your cpu. Don't challenge it or it will cost you a lot more. In the hopes of avoiding it happening again, I relocated the regulator with a bracket from TPO parts in the hopes that it will help it to stay cooler and get more air flow. Who knows if it getting too hot was actually the issue but it was cheap and it couldn't hurt. Hope this helps somebody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.