696 throttle cable is too short - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 09-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post 696 throttle cable is too short

After changing the handlebar the throttle cable is about 1 inch shorter, now does anyone know if the 796 or 1100 throttle cable is longer then the 696?

Thanks
Ducatitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's why the DP raised bar kit comes with new cables and lines. (and why it's $350)

It's a pretty standard cable, if you yank it off and measure it, you should be able to get one on the net cheap.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

The anyone know the length of the throttle cable of the M696.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the same issue after installing Rizoma handlebar and high bar extension. (i.e., bike revs up when hard turning left as cable is too short and is being pinched when turning). Anyone knows how long is the original 2009 696 throttle cable and where I may be able to find one that is one inch longer?

Thanks!
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

I installed a 1 1/2" handlebar riser kit from eBay with the stock bars. All cables, wires and brake lines got tight but only real problem was at full left lock. Solved it by moving the throttle twist grip in @ 1/4". First solution was to move out fork lock bolt but I didn't like what it did to my turning radius.
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
I have the same issue after installing Rizoma handlebar and high bar extension. (i.e., bike revs up when hard turning left as cable is too short and is being pinched when turning). Anyone knows how long is the original 2009 696 throttle cable and where I may be able to find one that is one inch longer?

Thanks!
I fixed my problem with www.motionpro.com I send them my cable and they made me a new one, 2 inch longer. Give them a call first. Their work is top notch.
John
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have a Monster 795. I live in the Philippines so getting Rizoma parts takes time. I got a 29-22mm Rizoma handlebar (MA008) with 140mm height, then it turns out it won't fit the stock handlebar holders, so I ordered a Rizoma handlebar adapter (AZ403B) with 60mm height. The handlebars feel great but since the bars are much higher, the controls controls hit the tank when you steer, so the technician had to adjust the stoppers and turning radius is narrower. Another thing is the throttle cable became too short, I need an inch longer throttle cable to which I still dont know where to get them. In the meantime, I made adjustments and the throttle cable is sticking outside the fork like a sore thumb. ANy suggestions?

surgfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Cables

Ducatitialia has it!!! Motion Pro is the tits!
Located in California so not any closer than Rizoma... but they would be able to help.
Beez
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for info. Will try them out. But do I really have to send my old throttle cable? In doing so, that would render my bike "useless" can I just order an inch longer cable than the stock? Whatever the length is.
surgfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgfish View Post
Thanks for info. Will try them out. But do I really have to send my old throttle cable? In doing so, that would render my bike "useless" can I just order an inch longer cable than the stock? Whatever the length is.
Yes they need your cable to make it exactly, what I did I bought a new cable and send it to them, I suggest make it 2 inch longer better have a little extra cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement