Programming new black key. - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Programming new black key.

I've got the manual, my red key, my good black key, and my new unregistered black key.

I've got my manual and read the procedure.

I put the red key in ignition, waited at least 30 seconds (like the instruction says) and turn red key to ON.

No countdown or "1-30" indication on right LED, just "LO" oil temp blinker.

Any thoughts on this one? I read through some threads but didn't find squat, just people saying, "Do the procedure".

2007 S2R 1000.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:43 AM

Same issue

Bump! Where do you find this procedure? I have an 06 620 that only came with the red key. I have a new Ducati blank to have match cut, just need the procedure on how to use the bike to program a new black key, thanks.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM

programming new balck keys using RED key

I just only have the RED key, NO Black keys, both lost.
the procesure i applied is as follows but failure, could anyone tell me where i did it wrong?
1. PUT the RED KEY while Ignition is on OFF position, wait 1 minute
2. Press the TIME-OIL button (the one near to the right) and turn the RED-KEY to ON Position while still pressing the button, then turn it back to OFF
3. Again turn the RED-KEY to ON position without pressing to TIME-OIL button.
4. It took 2-3 seconds to bring the lights on and then 2-25 appeared and started to countdown.
5. Put the RED-KEY to OFF and take it out the ignition(while 2-25 counting down)
6. When i turn the RED-KEY to OFF , all the ligts and count down stopped.
7. Immidiately i put the new ,empty BLACK-KEY to ignition
8. Immidiately i turn the BLACK-KEY to ON position
9. Nothing happened, OIL LO is appeared.
10. I take out the BLACK-KEY , again put the red one and ON and OFF the ignition.
11. I put the BLACK-KEY again, expecting it was programmed.
12. Imobiliser rejects the BLACK-KEY. Engine light is ON and engine is noty working.

I dont know where i did it wrong? Does anyone knows, please help me!!!
The procedure which is explaned to me by the service guy was as follows

1. Put the RED-KEY in to ignition in OFF position.
2. Wait at least 30 secods
3. Press the TIME-OIL button
4. Turn the key ON, turn the key OFF while button is pressed
5. Release the button
6. Tunr the RED-KEY to ON again , it will start to count down from 25 to 0 immidiately and fastly.
7. take out the RED and put a BLACK KEY ,
8. Turn the ignition to ON and OFF fastly
9. put the Second BALCK-KEY and turn it ON and OFF fastly
10. Put the RED-KEY finally , turn it ON and OFF fastly and immidiately
ALL SHOULD BE DONE !!!

BUT , It is not working of i did it wrong somehow.. )

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 PM

I have heard different stories about the red key and the cloning of the black keys. I'm just wondering if anybody was ever able to clone a black key from the red.

*I'm in the lucky few. When I bought my 620, it came with a red and two blacks. Unfortunately, I dropped one of the blacks 2 weeks ago. I figured I should do some research. And, perhaps get an spare black key. You never know when crap is gonna happen.

Newbie here. Throw me any info about Duc and I'll put it to good use.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 07:14 AM

hi ALL

I did clone new black keys from a single tiny red one ))
here below is the procedure:

1. there should be at least two BLACK KEYS and a RED one.
2. you put your RED key to ignition, TURN ON and OFF very quickly
3. you have to make a second TURN ON and OFF with red key (while turned on you will see that the screen will begin to count from 25 to 0).
4.When you see it counting down, immidiately take out the RED key and put the first BLACK key.
5. in a very quick way, TURN ON and OFF the with the balck key. (do not wait the gauges sweep- just turn on and off very quick,) on the screen you will see it shows "2" wich means second key.
6. take off the first black key and then put the second black key. TURN ON and OFF again very quickly(as you did one step ago). screen should display "3" and every time you insert a new black key it should count down from 25 to 0 again.
7. finaly you take out the second black key and put the RED KEY again. TURN ON and OFF very quickly again. then take out the red key . It should all be done.
keep in mind that when you TURN ON and and TURN OFF any of the keys you should not wait until gauges sweep out.
8. put your new black keys to ignition and turn şt to ON position. you will see engine led will turn off .
enjoy your new black keys.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 01:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
I have heard different stories about the red key and the cloning of the black keys. I'm just wondering if anybody was ever able to clone a black key from the red.

*I'm in the lucky few. When I bought my 620, it came with a red and two blacks. Unfortunately, I dropped one of the blacks 2 weeks ago. I figured I should do some research. And, perhaps get an spare black key. You never know when crap is gonna happen.
Just clone your black key. We can do it or any local automotive locksmith should be able to do it for you too. As long as you have a working black key, you do not need a red key.

Chad Edwards
www.KEYSforDUCATI.com
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by musbos View Post
hi ALL

I did clone new black keys from a single tiny red one ))
here below is the procedure:

1. there should be at least two BLACK KEYS and a RED one.
2. you put your RED key to ignition, TURN ON and OFF very quickly
3. you have to make a second TURN ON and OFF with red key (while turned on you will see that the screen will begin to count from 25 to 0).
4.When you see it counting down, immidiately take out the RED key and put the first BLACK key.
5. in a very quick way, TURN ON and OFF the with the balck key. (do not wait the gauges sweep- just turn on and off very quick,) on the screen you will see it shows "2" wich means second key.
6. take off the first black key and then put the second black key. TURN ON and OFF again very quickly(as you did one step ago). screen should display "3" and every time you insert a new black key it should count down from 25 to 0 again.
7. finaly you take out the second black key and put the RED KEY again. TURN ON and OFF very quickly again. then take out the red key . It should all be done.
keep in mind that when you TURN ON and and TURN OFF any of the keys you should not wait until gauges sweep out.
8. put your new black keys to ignition and turn şt to ON position. you will see engine led will turn off .
enjoy your new black keys.
What year and model is your bike?

Chad Edwards
www.KEYSforDUCATI.com
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 AM

Ducati Transponder Key Blank Silca KW17T5 No Red Clone. on Ebay worked for me cost 7.00 to cut and clone item #280412496971
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 10:16 AM

No need for a red key

I only had one black key for my Monster 620 ie (2003) and with my tendancy of loosing such things decided I definately needed a new one. I took the key and a new blank (which I aquired on ebay for 7.00) to my local keycutting shop. They cloned the transponder and cut the key in seconds. They didn't even charge me for it so I put a few quid in the charity colection tin. The key works perfectly well. You don't need a red key to get spares made.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy View Post
Ducati Transponder Key Blank Silca KW17T5 No Red Clone. on Ebay worked for me cost 7.00 to cut and clone item #280412496971
Our keys are less than that. If you trust the mail, you can ship it. Also, most automotive locksmiths probably have these in stock, so if you going to have them cut and clone it, you will probably be ahead if you buy the key from them too.

http://www.sosdiagnostics.com/services/ducati/

Chad Edwards
www.KEYSforDUCATI.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode