»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Throttle body sync

I got my bike ( 2000 M900Sie ) on the road finally. Seems to run a bit uneven a slower speeds and launch- even after fully warm- 45 minute ride. I have been searching for how to check the throttle body sync. What tool would I need? I have a Weber carb sync tool. Or??? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike in Tacoma
Michael900s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
EEL

Default Re: Throttle body sync

A plastic tube with some 20w 50 oil. Attach it to a piece of particle board and start syncing..Oh and you need a screwdriver, flathead. Read up on how to do this right our you will FU_K up your idle guaranteed. Once you do it once its a piece of cake the next time.
EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

???????????????????

Mike in Tacoma
Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
EEL

Ok..maybe thats a bit too vague..here's some links to explain further.. The 1st link below explains how a manometer works. read through it. Figure 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3 are what i'm talking about. Each end of the manometer ties into one one respective side of your throttle bodies. If your throttle bodies are out of sync one side will move up with respect to the other side. This means that one side is pulling more vacuum than the other. There is an adjuster screw you can reach to sync the throttle bodies. It can be seen easily if you are looking behind the oil cooler with your head on the ground looking up.

Before you do any of this work you have to close the open idle bleeder screws located on each throttle body.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/pre...troduction.cfm

Second link shows you what a cheap manometer looks like: You can see the two ends that connect to each respective throttle body.
http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/moto...manometer.html

If all this sounds confusing, take some time to throughly do some research before you jump into this.. its easy to do if you are well informed... I'll post some DML threads on it for you later.

Remember whatever fluid you use DONT LET IT GET SO HIGH THAT IT GETS SUCKED IN TO THE ENGINE. THAT WOULD BE CATASTROPIC
Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like it!!!Good stuff. Thanks for the information.

Mike in Tacoma
Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
EEL

I dont know if you've disconnected your charcoal canister but if you havent, then follow the hoses and you will see that the canister connects to both throttle bodies. This is where you make your connections with the manometer.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEL

Remember whatever fluid you use DONT LET IT GET SO HIGH THAT IT GETS SUCKED IN TO THE ENGINE. THAT WOULD BE CATASTROPIC
While it's not exactly a good idea to suck whatever fluid you're using into the engine, it's not catastrophic. The amount of oil you'd be using is just going to make the engine smoke a bit til it burns off...
25695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
EEL

I dont know how he's going to do it, I dont know how much oil is going to get sucked in..I err on the safe side when I give advice..
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have some 5w oil that should be good for this. Otherwise I will use ATF.

Thanks again for the info and diagram, looks to be pretty straightforward.

Mike in Tacoma
Old 04-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

ATF is good for cleaning the intake anyway! ;D
25695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement