So, finally got time for the Dyno last week, I know a few of you been waiting for my results...
Had to split engine (oil galley plug
) this spring for the first time , took a while...
Lots of testing ign curves w butt dyno, think it`s no 35 now....
Bought a 907IE that was my new love during summer.
My two friends w a 750 & a 900SS w Mikuni CV carbs I wanted to have as references haven`t left their garage all summer!
Anyway, enough excuses:
Ignition used is an Ignitech TCI-P4 programmable unit. Read all here and you could also download
the software and have a look att all features: http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm
Go to products, then TCI-P4.
What you do is:
1. Choose engine/ignition type (Cagiva 750)
2. Set rev limiter ( I choose 9,5k )
3. Set base advance ( go w default 10 )
4. Program a curve of your choice, at ten points you choose RPM & preadvance degrees.
DONE! Well, it takes some testing....duuh
Hard facts (my other engine mods, see below):
After adjusting A/F, I switched to OEM ign modules on the Dyno.
Where difference was largest, 5200 RPM, new ign gave + 3,5 Hp & + 6,5 Nm!
From 3700-6700 2Hp & 3Nm or more all the way.
If I use the same correction factor Ducati seems to use when they went from 84 Hp at rear to 95 at crank, 13%, I got at crank
(comparison w a -07 Monster 1kDS, factory specs):
91,2 Hp/7200 RPM (95/8000) and 100,3 Nm/5500 (94/6k). SAE numbers. Sorry, broken camera &
no scanner so no chart.
According to the very experienced tuner, no signs of pinging on standard 95 oktan gas.
I`m very happy w the results!
It`s so fun in the twisties, kept up quite good w a Mille R Factory, 749S & a M S4R yesterday.
Some more +:
1. Cost: 100 Eu! And replaces both
2. Instant start.
3. Engine feels like it has gotten a huge vitamin shoot.
4. Snakebite throttleresponse, as good or better as a well tuned ie bike.
5. So torquey in 5/6th gear. Lurking in 6th at 60mph, then passing is a breeze & most addictive.
6. Very smooth low revs/small throttle openings. Responds from 2k in 4th w/o rattling to pieces.
Less aggressive advance in this RPM range and you`ll get this overall smoothness.
7. Aggresive sound! Sounds like something is happening down there...
8. Stuff is supplied to make an extension cable to place the unit at your own choice.
Any cons? Well the Czechs are not so responsive w mail. But you`ll get one.
Still have a question why I had to have 400 Ohm resistance in parallell over ign pulse from motor, no answer from manufacturer/distributor. Too strong pickup signal was disturbing idle.
Tried to understand base advance and get that right but it doesn`t seem to matter, default 10 degrees seems good.
I`ll be happy to answer any questions!
(And I have no stocks or economical interest in this company...