»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 04-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Niffler

Default Why am I toe draggin'

Hey guys,

Was Ridin' around rancho santa fe the other day and found myself brushing my toe against the asphalt

I found it was only in the left turns and only sporadically
So am I doing something wrong, should I be pulling my feet farther back on the pegs cuz I tried that and it was kinda uncomfortable, I couldn't shift properly, or should I be moving my feet on the fly or what, I just find it really wierd for that to happen escpecially when people talk about knee draggin', cuz there sno way I could get my knee down there cuz my foot would be hambuger by then........?????????

Tell me what Im doing wrong please!!!!! :P :-[ : ;D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2004, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Why am I toe draggin'

what part of your foot rests on the foot peg? If you put your toes on the pegs, that will help. I found that I scrape my toes if I dont.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bloodshot Send a message via MSN to Bloodshot Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodshot Send a message via Skype™ to Bloodshot

Definitely should be riding on the balls of your feet. I rode somewhat flat footed when I first got the bike and had more than a few toe scrapers. I still angle my foot out sometimes and use a toe to see if I'm close to scraping, but that's on purpose...
Bloodshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Get some boots with toe sliders and do the same thing Bloodshot does... use your toes as "ground gauges"
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

It takes a little while to switch to riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs instead of your arches, but it will give you more control. Yes, I have to move my feet forward to shift or to use the rear brake, but my toes never touch down.
ScottRNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would not recommend purposely dragging your toes. I talked to guy once who used to do that and after having his foot pulled off the peg and his ankle sprained (not too mention he almost crashed) he now keeps the balls of his feet up on the pegs and toes tight to the bike like they should be. If you hit a crack or surface irregularity in the pavement while your toe is touching it could become very uncomfortable.
I only bring my foot down to shift and I try to have that done before I start my lean in, or as Im exiting the turn and standing the bike up. I just dont use the rear brake while turning at all.

DTM Surfboards
Built For You Not The Rack
San Diego, Ca.
DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Balls of your feet on the inside peg, arches on the outside peg.
A man that works with his hands, mind, & heart, is an artist.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

On my S4R, when I put the balls of my feet on the pegs, my right heel is crammed against the heel guard and my right foot position feels pretty unstable. Any other S4R riders notice this ?

By the way, I also scrape the toe of my boot on left handers.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
s4strati

another thing to mention is i'd suggest that you try to hang off the inside of the seat a bit. this will get your weight to help lower the bike's center of gravity and will allow the bike to keep a bit more upright through the corner (won't touch down). also... so long as you're not driving up somebody's rear, remember to continuously roll on the throttle through the corner. as counterintuitive as it sounds, the action of the chain pulling on the sprocket will lever the swingarm downward for more cornering clearance.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
popcycle

"Ground Gauges".....

I like that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement