Why am I toe draggin' - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 04-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Why am I toe draggin'

if you move your butt into the turn a little bit, that'll also straighten out your foot, and keep it off the ground.
capww8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

No toe gauges. Balls of the feet are best. You will be sorry if your toe drags, especially with the 620 with stock pegs. Toe dragging is bad form as well, and will ultimatly limit your cornering ability.

Look forward to meeting you! Drop by when you are out during the day sometime and show me your bike! I am next to Jaunita's on the 101. Leucadia Chiropractic. Otherwise, I will see you on the hill!

Regards,
Rideon
AKA Dr. Sebastian
Old 04-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Doc

Long legs and big feet make the problem worse. I have to sit on the back seat to ride on the balls of my feet on a Monster.
Doc<br />M900 - 1999 with Keihin FCRs, K&amp;N filter, open airbox, DP CF highmounts, 41 tooth rear sprocket, DID X-ring chain, Corbin Seat, Napolean bar end mirrors, DP Splash tank #8<br />FXDX - Twincam with SE Stage 1 mods<br />XR250- For when I want to do something really stupid<br /><br />Orlando<br /><br />Caution: Contents of this helmet are under extreme pressure!
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Oh, I see your in Oceanside! No worries than, Im sure we'll get a chance to go up Palomar with the rest of the guys and then you can see how everyone else rides their monster and you'll get as many riding tips as you want!

DTM Surfboards
Built For You Not The Rack
San Diego, Ca.
DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Niffler

yes you guys rock....I pass Juanitas almost every ride cuz its just down PCH but yeah looking forward to riding wit ya guys , thanks again
Old 04-14-2004, 04:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Race_Day_Dennis

Quote:
On my S4R, when I put the balls of my feet on the pegs, my right heel is crammed against the heel guard and my right foot position feels pretty unstable. Any other S4R riders notice this ?

By the way, I also scrape the toe of my boot on left handers.
Yes, I have noticed it. At first it bothered me. But I am over it now. I also saw this in a review of the bike somewhere. I wonder how it is with the Arrow system.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

yep, I notice it, too....I just got used to it
Why would I want to mod it?<br />DP clutch cover, C-Cat spring keepers, galv. <br />DP inspection hole cover<br />C/F abbreviated tail<br />PCIII USB<br />DP Termignoni slipons, open airbox, &amp; ECU<br />CRG mirrors<br />C-Cat Frame Sliders<br />All c/f clearcoated<br />Silver leaf &quot;Ducati&quot; emblem<br /><br />2007 Ducati 1098 S Tricolore<br />2006 Yamaha TTR-230<br />2006 Yamaha Bruin 350
tempdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

Yes, I have noticed it. At first it bothered me. But I am over it now. I also saw this in a review of the bike somewhere. I wonder how it is with the Arrow system.
Pretty much the same with the Arrow....I guess I'm going to get over it. Maybe the discomfort comes because one foot feels differnt than the other ?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

did the same thing when I started riding, but quickly adjusted my foot position to be on the balls of me feet. I have definitely almost wiped out by lifting my foot off the peg when I started dragging my toe. Now I just drag my foot pegs...
jordan.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

All of the above is true. Also, you can increase your ground clearance by getting rearsets and/or switching to GP-pattern shifting. I did both on my bike in 2011, and am happy with the results.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (232,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
philb is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement