Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

New S2R owner

733 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JimboM 
#1 ·
Hi all! I recently purchased a used 07 S2R 800. I have always wanted a Ducati, and came across one that wasn't perfect, but in my price range! I come from Honda 4's so it's definitely a different animal. Hope to learn a lot from the forum. Thanks!

#3 ·
Congrats!

The 800S2R is a fun bike, and is a nearly perfect balance of...everything. Not "too much", just enough.

People tried to tell me that, but I didn't listen--bought an S2R 1000, then an S4RS. The S4RS is an awesome bike, but I have to admit, I miss the 800.

BTW, I think I still have an original owner's manual--if you want it, just pay shipping (shouldn't be but a few bucks.) I may have a CD of the Service Manual as well.

Enjoy your new toy, and welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here.

#7 · (Edited)
Yea, they're Danmoto. It's all I could afford at the moment. I had a Danmoto on my 01 VFR and it sounded and looked good. Installation wasn't bad. The weird bracket they use to hold the mufflers was harder to figure out than I'd like. The relief cuts on one of the mid pipes wasn't nearly long enough, so it wouldn't seat fully on the cat, but a couple minutes with my dremel fixed that. Other than that, pretty simple, looks good and sounds good as well. Hopefully it holds up for a bit! Here's a link of a video I took after install: https://youtu.be/XLGCvdJQMvU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.