Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

My new (to me) Monster 1100 evo

874 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cool Ron 
#1 ·
Picked up my very first Ducati last weekend. Always wanted one but couldn't justify it and finally went with my heart. Its just a terrific machine, almost like its alive. The previous owner put Termis on and they are incredible. Ear plugs are a must but thats a small price to pay for the amazing soundtrack.

I have one question, though, and that is whether to put a 14t on the front. Lots of threads that swear by it, but it seems to ride OK for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the M1100 EVO Club. I joined in November of 2014. As for the 14t on the front, try it and if you like, keep. I agree with you the ride for me is fine as is. Very nice looking ride! Well done!

#3 ·
I did the 14T mod and like it a lot. I felt for me the gearing was way too tall. It all depends on where you ride. If it doesn't bother you just ride it. If it bothers you then try the mod. Do you know that the original owner didn't do it? It is a very common modification.

#4 ·
The amazing thing is I bought it (july 2013 manufactured) with only 200km on the clock. It was really bone stock. The previous owner had to take it back to the dealer to put the Termis on and get it serviced before selling it. The dealer did a full desmo service with new belts, spark plug, fuel filter and battery due it it sitting for a couple of years. So I'm sure its still the 15t, plus it feels tall so must be stock.

I took it out for a good blast in the country today and at high speed I wouldn't want lower gearing so I think I'll leave it as is and live with a tall first gear.

Incredible bike and the ergos are pretty kind to someone about to be the wrong side of 50 so I'm very happy all round.

#6 ·
Great looking bike! I think you will be fine with the 15T sprocket, but ultimately you have to make the call. The top end is limited and you will rarely use it. The bike does the street racing thing good I am told. Leave it stock and ride it like you stole it. Once you have some miles on the decide. If you don't like the feel drop a tooth and put in a ton more miles. You will figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.