»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Short rider

Hi All,

I'm from London in the UK and looking to buy a 796,
I recently popped down to my local Ducati dealer and sat on a 696, I could reach the floor on tip toes, I'm i5'3" so I was jus wondering could are there any 796 owners my height? I know there is a low rider seat available but would this be enough for me to be able to ride a 796 comfortably?

What would the reach be like on a 796 compared to a 696, is there much in it?

Many thanks
dazzpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

the 696 is quite a bit lower than the 796
low seat will help, but i dont think it will be as low as the 696 (w stock seat)

jeff h
monsterparts.com
MonsterHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can order a shock bracket from a 696 to bring the 796 down to the same height.
That, along with the low seat should allow you to be nearly flat footed.

There's a thread about it, search for "lowering link"
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. I was told today by a dealer that the rear shock can be adjusted, which is different to what another dealer said. The first said it would only adjust firmness not height the second said it would do both. I'm confused anyone know for sure?

Just read the lowering link, excellent info looks like there are shorter rider than me that own 796'

Last edited by dazzpowder; 09-22-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

the dealer that said it wont adjust height is the one to buy it from
he's smarter
<grin>

also- if you use a link to lower the rear, ideally you should have the front dropped as well to keep the steering geometry the same
MonsterHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...link-m796.html

Here's that thread.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Anyone recommend handlebars that would lessen the reach? I've heard a few people mention the Renthall fat bars but when I look at their website I don't know which one would suit - can anyone help?

Going to a 796 tomorrow, cant wait...
Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

The DP bars come up 20mm and back 30mm. The problem is.... Price. They come with new lines and cables, so they aren't cheap.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

TonyDiv, I have a question for you, since you are a 696 guy with some good mods. What is your opinion of the usable power stock vs the mods you did. I really am contemplating picking up a used 696, but I want to make sure it's at least as powerful as my current SV650. I absolutely LOVE the overall package/size etc of the 696 but the stock one felt a bit sluggish to me. I also prefer the black frame on the 696. Sorry for the threadjack, you can respond via PM if you prefer. Thanks, J
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

one question I forgot to ask is about the sudden throttle pull in traffic a lot of reviews have said it is to sudden at low speeds, one dealer said the town driving could be improved by adding performance exhaust.

Is this true?

sorry for all the questions but the bike with all the bells and whistles has a fair price tag

Last edited by dazzpowder; 09-23-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement