FS: 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Sie Metallic - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FS: 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Sie Metallic

Had an incident which dented the right side of the tank. runs strong, 5k miles plus a little more because i ride it still. (gas tank holds fuel no problem.) Located in Columbus, OH. This is the Metallic version (sparkly bowling ball) paint job. I am asking $5500 for it because it was limited edition and in perfect running/aesthetic condition otherwise. If you know a good painter you could have the dent repaired and repainted for about $300. I quoted it in Columbus. I think the best place to take this would be a lowrider shop....they do all the metal flake paint jobs and they are good at it.

I am the original owner and have the free and clear title in hand.

Flickr pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2613979...7606855530802/

Everything is on the bike right now including gauges, switches, brakes, clutch, headlight, and whatever else is missing from the pictures. I was testing another bike and had to use the equipment for a bit. The bike is perfect except for the tank. I just have to many bikes right now.

Also has a MPL Tuning blue pressure plate and a Cycle Cat 2 piece gold clutch cover right now.

Best way to reach me is raymond_chammas@yahoo.com or by cell so you can get your answers immediately.....Ray: (614) 425 1855.

You figure out the shipping like usual. Try Forward Air for long distances. I will offer my services for relatively close people (around 500 miles) since i have a jeep and a trailer.
proclivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lowered price to $4500.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

bump.

If i fix the tank all you bastards are gonna be bitchin when this bike fetches 5500 to 6k.

It will cost you no more than 300 to fix the tank to perfect. I'm just too lazy to do it.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default one last chance

I'll give you all one last chance to make an offer and then i will go ahead with the repairs.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Would you be interested in a trade for a 2001 RC51? It has some body damage but is in perfect mechanical condition. I am in Delaware.
Big Red Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Lower Price!!!

no takers?

Last edited by proclivity; 09-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi, how much would a new gas tank run? Do used replacements come up for sale often?
Kippenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippenberger View Post
Hi, how much would a new gas tank run? Do used replacements come up for sale often?
You wouldn't need a new tank. This one does the job just fine. The dent needs to be taken out and then it would need to be repainted.

You could get a tank that is ready to go for about 500....whether or not it has a fuel pump, latch, heat shield...etc is no guarantee.

You could have the dent repaired and the tank painted at pretty much any body shop. You get to pick the color.

If you would rather me do the work i will, but you will have to buy the bike first.

Title is clean, clear, and in hand. I am the original owner. 6k miles.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

I will consider parting it out next week if no one wants it for 4.5k.

Last edited by proclivity; 09-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have all the parts to fix it up.......i am doing so.......give me a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement