Introduce yourself! Atlanta - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to wbeck257
Introduce yourself! Atlanta

Okay, well, we should get to know each other.

I'm Will, 21, living in Acworth, working at GA Power in Canton as a drafter.

I ride a black w/ white stripe `06 S2R 1k. I've had it for about a year and I'm almost at 10,000 miles. This is my third bike since I turned 16... started out w/ a `75 Goldwing (tranny blew), then moved up to the `86 Suzuki 550 (caught on fire, then me...), borrowed any bike I could get my hands on until I got the Duc...

[center]2006 S2R 1000 | 1984 Porsche 944 | 1993 Camry | 1997 Superbike | 1987 Cadillac Brougham Limo | 1972 Yamaha R5C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:54 AM

Re: Introduce yourself! Atlanta

Whoa Yes!

I'm Max, live in Atlanta, currently a senior at Emory.

Currently Riding a '99 M750, before that it was an 84 Honda cb700 and then an 89 Yamaha radian. Before that it was cars(Nissan s14), but I've been riding year round now for about a year and I don't see myself owning a cage anytime in the near future.

Because we all came here to talk about bikes I'll share a bit more about mine...it's become a never ending process. So far it looks like this...
[img width=600 height=450]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/ducatl/IMG_0812.jpg[/img]

Since that picture I've switched to mini LED front signals, removed one of the bar-end mirrors and added Ducati lettering to the tank . New picture to follow.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 07:04 AM

My name is, um, Carlos, if that wasn't obvious enough. Live and wok up in Alpharetta for Cingular, I mean the new AT&T. I actually work for a different company called Amdocs. Anyway, I've had by S2R 800 for more than 2 years, but since I live about 1.5 miles from the office, I do not put too much mileage on her, except when I head up to the mountains. Here's a pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0933.JPG (46.2 KB, 77 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb IMG_0933.JPG_thumb (177.6 KB, 119 views)

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 AM

Hey all I am James and i work for ATD and ride a Multistrada, i would love to get out and ride with some of ya soon...I am also a part of the ducatimeetup and many other ducati forums as well as local boards...

[img width=600 height=450]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/smoochieface/IMG_3063.jpg[/img]
[img width=600 height=450]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/smoochieface/IMG_2995.jpg[/img]

yep my dog rides too

Atlanta Triumph Ducati<br />Ebay sales Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /><br />DAMN THAT COP WAS FAST!!!!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM

I'm Mike. 39 yrs old, vinings, software developer, in Atl since 96.

I'm very new to motorcycling. A friend of mine has some antique bikes that I thought looked cool, and he and I talked about doing some motorcycle trips through South America and stuff like that - only problem was I'd never been on a bike. So I started this summer and bought my first bike in July - a 2006 M620 - red. I'm totally digging riding.

When I get a little more miles under my belt, I'll be wanting to do some small group rides. I'd also like to hear about areas and roads that are good for a 2 or 3 or 4 hour ride. I've been cruising around the area west of atlanta - from Newnan, Palmetto (silk sheets), Carrollton, Rome, Cartersville - and found some decent riding.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:29 AM

Hi I'm Jake, 27 Grad Student at GaTech.

I live in Oakhurst (Decatur). I ride an 07 S4r that I just picked up. I have only been riding about 2 years with my first bike being a 03 620ie, which was taken away from me by a left hand turn from a neon this spring.

I have been trying to make the Thursday night get togethers but have been slammed with school or its been raining, but look forward to catching up with some other riders in town.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 AM

Hey guys, Sam here. I'm 26, married, and I live in the sticks/Covington. I work at a Toyota dealer in Conyers right now but I also just started back to school at Dekalb tech. I posted in the other thread already, but it's about 10 miles south off I-20E Salem Rd exit. I'm rolling a silver 2002 Monster 750. I bought it at beginning of summer and put about 2200 miles on it so far. The bike had 5000 when I got it. It's got Termi pipes, bar end mirrors and some other misc stuff on it. This is also my first bike and I'm really enjoying it.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Hello all - My name is Nicola and I ride a red 2005 S4R, named Vito (yeah, I'm one of those people who names bikes). I in grad school at Emory and live in the Poncey Highlands area. You will often see me in convoy with a gray Daytona 675, ridden by my husband. I'll probably be regularly at the Thursday night Twain's meeting, although the last couple weeks stuff has popped up Thursdays and I haven't been able to make it.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Wassup. I'm Pete, I live in Candler Park about a 3 wood from the Vortex. I've been riding for a looong time, I'm embarrassed to say my age has a 3 and 4 in it (and not neccesarily in that order). I'm a limey and have lived here for 16 years or so.

Anyhoo, I currently own a MS4R, M620i.e., ZX-14 and a FXDL. My MS4R is usually stripped down in track prep these days so I haven't ridden on the road in a couple of months, but it's done a couple of thousand track miles this year though. Normally I ride my ZX-14 on the skreet, would you guys be ok with me riding that to meetings? It's a real pain in the a$$ assemble and dissassemble he MS4R.

See you out there and keep the rubber side down.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM

Greetings all. Names Don, and I don't live in the ATL, but am a little farter south in Warner Robins. Married with 2 girls .Kind of boring riding around here and would love to meetup as opportunities become available. That is if you want an older 900SS in?

Sometimes ride to ATD or the Duckshop for things. So maybe we already met and just didn't know it.

<br /><br /><br />Yes it's alive again<br />New hi comps JE 11.1:1<br />Thanks Ducshop for the headwork ya rock!!!<br />FCR 41's&nbsp; ohhhh yeaaaaaah they're worth it. <br />I like the new color also.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode