M-ROC duc dealers review - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default M-ROC duc dealers review

please add your comments/experiences/opinions on the local ducati dealers.

feel free to post about sales, service, showroom, inventory ....

be honest, but try to keep the blatant bashing to a minimum.
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to uroplatus Send a message via MSN to uroplatus Send a message via Yahoo to uroplatus
Default Re: M-ROC duc dealers review

Well I can comment on my Buying Experience with Myers Motorcycles in Ashville.

http://www.myersmotorcycles.com/

They were very nice, and easy to talk to on the phone. Sales guys where great with questions, though at times I felt that I could find the answer faster on the internet on some things, and get better detail that way. The delivery of the bike was short and sweet...They went over a couple of things, and that was it... I was there maybe 30 mins signing paper work.

The showroom was a bit tight. They are small, and there showroom was packed. The walls where outlined in gear, and bikes where so tightly packed in this place that you could not walk between them...kind of sucked...but as stated the building is small.

I would have no problem recomending them to anyone else in that area who would be looking for a Ducati....Great People for sure. [thumbsup]

Wide!!!
uroplatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Take with a grain of salt....

Barnett's:
Dropped off my bike for 6000 mile check up. Took them 3 weeks to look at it, the entire time pushing back the day that they were saying it should back to me. Lied to me when I dropped it off (minor lie, namely that changing my preload wouldn't help my bike's clearance). That, and $5 for a thumb screw means I avoid them as much as possible.

Mattison, Madison... however it's spelled
Every time i deal with them I leave the encounter irritated. The latest was their reply of when they could work on my bike ("Drop it off and we'll get to it when we get to it"). Watched a customer storm out ater being insulted by the sales rep. Supposedly they screwed over a friend of mine on an Aprilia by jacking up the price that they agreed to when he came in to sign the paperwork. They also seem confused when I asked in the past if they do Shim exchanges.

Team Powersport
I have no problems with them really, but i mention them because supposedly they installed my front wheel incorrectly when they did a tire change. I didn't know until I went to Ducati of Richmond and they mentioned it, so it most likely was a minor fluke/oversight and nothing minor.

Either way, aside from tire changes, which I'm willing to let the local Japanese shops handle, I go to Richmond for my work. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. I don't know of anyone that actually likes the Raleigh Ducati shops, so i've got a lot of support for being bitter and preferring the shops 3~4 hours away.
Blind Tree Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to uroplatus Send a message via MSN to uroplatus Send a message via Yahoo to uroplatus

As for Service...

I have gone to BMW-Ducati of Charlotte on 2 occasions. Each a very pleasant experience.* I had both my 600 and 6000 mile service done by them, and had some warrantee work done.

http://www.bmw-ducati.com

The 600 mile service was scheduled and performed while I waited. I could not ask for better service since I had an hour and half drive there and hour and half drive back and they dropped what they were doing to accommodate me and my time frame.

The warrantee work and 6000 mile service was done at the same time. I had the Cush Drive replaced on my bike, and they anticipated on getting me a new swing arm assembly as well. Told me it would be done by Tuesday (dropped it off Saturday and they are closed Sunday and Monday). To me that was Awesome in itself…and then they nocked off some bucks off a T-Shirt…

Showroom there is nice, and you can sit on any bike that’s not already sold!!!* So that’s pretty neat as well.
Wide!!!
uroplatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

BMW-Ducati of Charlotte:

I bought my bike there (used). I test rode a 900 on a friday, called to put a deposit down on a tuesdau, but the bike had sold by saturday. They put me on a list to call if they got any more used monsters in on trade. I had a call within a week, stating that they'd have 02 750S (which i bought). I went down, did another test ride and bought the bike. It had a base gasket leak, and 2 weeks left on warranty ... so they went ahead and filed the warranty paperwork, but scheduled me to come for service a few weeks later. they wanted to make sure it was covered.

I've had 2 services there and i completely trust them. they've always done an excellent job. In my opinion this is THE place that i measure all my ducati service/purchase related situations against. I have driven there for service even with barnett's and matison right around the corner.

Barnett's

I had my 6K service there, for a fair price. i was a bit sketched out by them asking if i wanted the valve-check or not. they said they rarely have to adjust any at 6K and were trying to save me some bucks. i believe them as all my valves were in spec ... but the total only came to $300. this is the place i go if i need to get normal maintenance items ... crushwashers, etc ... since i've been taking care of services myself. Mr. Barnett has been around for a while and he know's what he's talking about.

Matison

as mentioned above, everytime i've been there i leave pissed. my last encounter was to buy some crush washers for an oil change. no one behind parts, or even the sales guy even knew what one was ... much less where to find them in the fiche. that pretty much was my last attempt at buying from there.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Barnett's

I bought my bike there and have been pleased thus far. They are a fairly small family-owned operation that, to my observations, treat their customers fairly and honestly. I don't have any means to drop my bike off, so they always work on mine right away and they're always very nice while I'm waiting. They let, and encourage, any of their customers to at least sit on the bike, even the ones that obviously haven't got a clue. Really, I don't have anything bad to say about them, other than they don't have a lot of inventory on hand, but that's just because they're not a big dealership. Since i really have nothing bad to say, and I like the owners (even though they did try and convince me to get a SV650 instead of a Duc) I'd rate them as good.

Matison's

Although they have one sales guy I liked, Bo(sp?) I think his name was, I have never had a good experience in the place. I went in looking for a helmet before I took my MSF Class, and the guy only showed me stuff that was double my budget. I went in looking at motorcycles and no one bothered to come talk to me. I went to the "event" for the sport classics, and it wasn't happening and no one I talked to bothered to mention that Ducati NA didn't have the inventory to send. They just looked at me like I was nuts. I also really hate dealers that have little signs all over the bikes asking people not to sit on them. I mean, WTH? It's not a bloody museum. Not to mention, I was now wearing nice riding gear, obviously wasn't a squid kid, and they still didn't offer to even take the sign off and let me see how it felt. So, I guess my rating is Gimp.

Wish List:

I'd like a dealer that allowed test rides like the local BMW shop.
I'd also like a dealer that had a bigger selecton of accessories available (Kind of like the local BMW shop)

Brands not withstanding, Capitol BMW on Atlantic is the best dealership in the area for a sales experience, followed closely by Triangle Cycles in Durham in my not so humble estimation.
27044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Barnett’s:
Got my 600 mile service and the personal there was pretty friendly and got me in the day I called. They let me go into* the service area the entire time they did the service and the mechanic showed me several item that I need to watch and some* general info on the bike.
I* would go back for regular service. They did not have any Ducati accessories in the shop except and carbon front fender but if I was looking for any parts I would look on Online and get them anyway. I heard they will not put a tire on your bike unless you bought it there. But cant say that I blame them they don’t make very much money installing tires they make the money by selling you the tire.

Matison:
Got my bike there.* I had a hard time getting a sales person to ask questions on the bikes on the show room floor and once got some prices it* felt like I was waiting outside the sales door for at least 30min to see if they would lower the price.* They did end up haggled on the price and I feel that I got a good price for the bike overall. I needed a bike cover and some misc. item and* they would not drop the price on any of merchandise.* Don’t know how there mechanics are. But* the customer service sucks the guy behind the counter seemed preoccupied with everything else but answer my questions on some prices on the stuff I was looking for.
You cant sit on the bikes! This is a bike shop right?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srussell
But cant say that I blame them they don’t make very much money installing tires they make the money by selling you the tire.
Last I had checked they had at least a $50 mark up on tires and still charged around $50 to install.* Is that no longer accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjohn
I'd like a dealer that allowed test rides like the local BMW shop.
I've only heard some bad about the BMW shop, and most of that was them screwing my friend out of a triumph which was mostly limited to the owner doing the crappy stuff.* If my friend was even only half way accurate in his recounting of the tale, I'll never buy anything from the BMW dealer.

EDIT:
Wanted to say that I have heard that there are some great guys at Capital, it's just the owner i'm wary of currently.
Blind Tree Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Barnetts:

I bought my bike there back in May. They wouldn't budge on the list price, or surcharges (delivery, assembly, etc) but I expected this. They did give me a deal of half off on a pair of Termi slip ons, and offered 10% off (might have even been 20%, can't remember) on any gear I wanted to purchase that they had in stock. I had already purchased my gear before getting the bike, so I didn't take them up on that, but the Termi's sound great! >

Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Last I had checked they had at least a $50 mark up on tires and still charged around $50 to install.* Is that no longer accurate?
from what I understand its more like $70 dollars on the mark up. So if they charge $50 for a tire change then pay there tech $10 thats $40 when they can make $100 to $110. I Dont like it but I understand why they would do it and dont blame them for doing it.
Advertisement