Service Recommendations in the NY Metro Area - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Service Recommendations in the NY Metro Area

Who's good in the NY Metro / Westchester area? I've had terrible experiences with Ducati Manhattan so they're off the list. Any experiences with Rockwell Cycles or with Cliff's in CT? I'm not opposed to using an independent shop either, as long as they're good and have experience with Ducatis. On the other hand I need to have a swollen tank replaced which I assume can only be done through a regular dealer (under warranty at least). I see a lot of expensive Ducatis in the Westchester area, where is everyone taking them?

Last edited by LookoutforChris; 10-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.
LookoutforChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have experience with both Rockwell and Cliff's. They are both top notch in my opinion. I have heard from plenty of people that have had good work done at both. Rockwell just got me approved for a new tank. As well, i had a bad experience at SOHO and will never go back there.

Best

Mike
mjk778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gold coast motorsports in New Hyde park NY good service and good price compare to other shop.
Ducatitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

what was your bad experience in soho? were they just too busy to care? that's the impression i get. on the other hand, their mechanic seems to really know his shit.

did they take too long though? overcharge you? my bike is in there now.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

My bad experience at soho was a few years ago before they closed, even though they reopened under the same management. First of all, their head mechanic lied to me for over a year regarding the expansion of my tank. He kept telling me my tank needed to be leaking gas to be replaced. Uninformed I took his word for it, but it never sat well. This was a few months after purchasing my bike in 09. Flash forward a year I visited Rockwell, showed them the tank, they immediately took a few pics, and 1 week later I had my tank. They coated it and it is still perfect. They earned my business. I even brought his up to DNA and they told me soho should never of told me that they had numerous complaints regarding this dealer. I hope thy cleaned their act up.
mjk778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

apparently they have not. took my bike down there for 12,000 mile service and they haven't started five days later. took me a while to get that info since they don't call me back or respond to emails. when i ask about raising the rear end they look at me like i'm crazy. http://www.ducatisuite.com/rearheight.html plus they told me they'll charge me at least a half-hour labor to put on frame sliders. thanks but no thanks. i'll deal with the ducati myself/somewhere else and/or buy a bmw for professional service.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

showerfan,

seeing that you're in Bronxville, why didn't you try New Roc? Just curious.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

a) the one time i went to the ducati store in new roc one of the owners was swearing up a storm on the phone the whole time and spewing a storm of negativity into the atmosphere

b) the ducati dealership was only a small corner of a bigger harley dealership, which seemed to have as much hatred for the ducati dealership as is mechanically possible

c) that ducati dealership seemed to be on its way out and is now, indeed, gone
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

there are two points of awesomeness for ducati owners near bear mountain in new york. one is rockwell's, which seems to be a haven for ducati riders. the other is ECS, about a half hour west, which seems to be a top-notch race-tech and suspension shop. i am spending all of my money there from now on. good people, who care about customer service and our bikes, and are focused on quality and fast turnaround times.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

ECS are the only ones we allow to touch our Ducs, when we don't want to do the work ourselves.

I was just curious about New Roc, heard they were moving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement