Lane Splitting Ticket on NJ Turnpike - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lane Splitting Ticket on NJ Turnpike

Got a traffic court date coming up in a week or so. I got a lane splitting ticket from a trooper in heavy traffic.

The guy wrote my name completely wrong on the ticket...Middle name in the first name spot, last name as my middle name, and first name last.

I know in DC that would get thrown out as an invalid ticket...

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this type of situation or what I should say to the judge. Looks like its 4 pts on my license.
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

How 's " I'll split the dif with ya" LOL

KD
Kevlar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

laywer up. its your best chance. it will cost, but no points
tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

2nd the lawyer thingee, and will save you money w/insurance in the long run.
lowside99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

The Trooper messing up you name on the ticket is an immediate throw out if you have a lawyer. Suit up!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Someday you will pinch the wrong gap.
M. Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

First of all, I don't believe the misplacement of names on a sheet is going to be grounds for getting the ticket thrown out. Wrong time, license plate, etc. maybe. But your name is actually on the ticket which will match the name on the driver's license.

Second: Good thing they got you, this lesson could just save your life next time, well that is if you heed to it...
Dr. Yellowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

I did speak to a lawyer. As long as your license No. is correct the ticket is valid, in NJ. Its a four point violation, but the points don't transfer to NY. Paid the ticket done deal.

I have a hard time believing Mr. Max rides bikes, let alone is here for anything but to sell insurance.

If you knew anything about bikes you'd know the difference between a rice rocket and a ducati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max martan View Post
Watch our for me, sport. When I see ninjas like you on your rice rockets riding the dotted white line and coming up, I pinch the gap with the other lane real tight. Keep alert out there, hate to see you clip my car while I'm safely in my lane and have to pay for the damages.

Edit: I don't deliberately try to cause a collision. I try to get you ninjas out of that illegal zone in between two cars. Keep in mind, sport, I stay in my lane I just pinch the gap. My ultimate wish is to see a driver someday open his/her door to dump out some cold coffee while you come up and send you flying *** over teakettles. Now THAT would be worth watching.
My ultimate wish is someday all internet toads like you die with their fat fingers curled up at their key boards.

As far as saving my life, or pinching the wrong gap...I should have mentioned traffic is moving 5 to 10, mph I was going 10-20.

I value my life and safety, and I ride with that in mind.

I ride about 200 days a year in NYC, do about 6 track days a year, and killed a deer with my motorcycle the first day I had my license (unintentionally). If the big man upstairs calls my # with a 20 mph lane splitting incident I'm sure we will both have a good laugh about it.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Max Martan you're a fool. In California, lane splitting is legal and to do what you are describing will one day get your a** kicked out here. Please stay where you are, you're not welcome.
vtwinryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Max Martin is the guy i pass just close enough to punch the $#!T out of the rear view mirror and just keep on going. Max I hope you get in a horrible accident that your insurance company wont cover... LOL have a nice day.
Advertisement