Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Riding to work: hot weather, small bathroom changing stall, and must dress up - how?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  zderekv 
#1 ·
In my office I have to wear professional attire.
If I rode in in my work clothes I'd be breaking the all-the-gear-all-the-time rule.
What I'm currently doing is packing a dress pants and dress shirt in a backpack and changing in the restroom, once when I arrive and again when I depart.
The main pain-point is changing the trousers since the bathroom stalls are 3'x3' with (at most) a single hook and within that area I have to manage the helmet, backbrace, jacket, pants, etc.
I've tried wearing the mesh riding pants over my work suit pants but I sweat too easily for that, especially since I buy cheap suits.
Fridays we're allowed to wear jeans hence I wear my riding jeans and that's much easier.

For those of you that commute to work in the heat and are required to dress professionally, what are you doing?

#3 · (Edited)
If possible, I'd keep a suit at work and leave it there.
It's easy to bring slacks and a shirt in the backpack but that's not quite the problem I'm trying to solve.

What I'm trying to do is eliminate the bathroom stall changing process. Specifically the bathroom stall pants changing process.
Let's say those Draggin slacks had a size that fit me and I only had to change a shirt, that would be fine since I don't need to be in a stall to do that, I could duck around the corner and have less stuff to prop up while changing

#5 ·
How long is your commute? I definitely get the ATGATT theme, but if it's not a long commute, just wear your slacks, and bring the shirt in your bag as usual so you won't sweat it out. I work out in the field so I come in wearing my gear, but when I head out to the field, I just wear my uniform, gloves and helmet. Can't wear my textile jacket with all the CE protectors and walk around all day in the heat. I'm just extra careful when I'm riding without all the gear.

#6 ·
Have a suit made out of Kevlar. There is nowhere else to change ? Storage closet, meeting room, nothing ? I wear sweat shorts under my riding jeans and t shirt so I can change from riding clothes to regular clothes in public if need be.

#10 ·
What about a handicap stall? That's what I do. Also, why not shed the jacket and lid before entering the stall?
Sometimes I get lucky and the handicap stall is open but usually not.

I've seen people leave their jackets on the bikes but I keep thinking someone will take my jacket:
a) I lost the $ on the jacket
b) I have to risk riding without a jacket
c) I have to go get a new jacket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.