Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Seat advice........

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  riggskwong41 
#1 ·
I'm about to embark on a seat mod to my 09 Monster 1100S. My current seat has the LuiMoto Gold Gel insert; I dug out a section of the OEM foam and replaced it with the Gold Gel. It's OK, better than the OEM seating feel and position, better by a little bit, nothing outstanding. The OEM seating angle had my crotch area pointing forward/downward into the lower tank area. With the Gold gel I made it "flatter"

has anyone out there finished their own seat mod? What did you do? How did you make it better? need some ideas to expand on my own creativity.

I was considering digging out the center part of the seat so that I'm not pitched forward by the crotch area at all. Also reduce the seat height by 1-2". I'm 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I have the Rizoma 1" risers to handlebar clamps along with the Rizoma handlebar. I'm getting old and my body can't take that rice rocket position anymore.

#2 ·
I just ordered a Luimoto seat cover, my second one. It's black suede, with faux black carbon with the Italian flag colors on the side. The rear passenger seat is a faux solo seat look. Pretty trick. The cover price was a bit steep. $286 delivered.

A BIG THANK YOU to Mr. Frank D. for the seat donation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.