Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

3D Printed Kickstand Pad

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  NYC_Monster_696 
#1 ·
Humble brag... I made this kickstand pad on a 3D printer out of ABS plastic! I think it turned out really cool and wanted to share! I'm currently experimenting with some other logos/designs as well.

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks all for the positive comments! Both the black and red are ABS plastic. I did a couple red layers and then went back to the black on top, leaving the logos cut out, showing the red underneath. I knew it would show the red "pinstripe" around the outside, but I decided it would look cool and add a bit more color.

Each one takes about 6 hours of print time because I make them very dense so they are really strong. Also, changing colors requires babysitting the printer and feeding new colors at the right time. Solid colors are easier.

If there is some interest, I would consider selling some of these, or other logo designs as well. I currently only have two colors of ABS, black and red, but I can potentially order other colors (blue, orange, silver, white) with enough interest. I've already created designs for several Ducati logos, as well as Yamaha, Suzuki, H-D, and Triumph logos. I would consider customized requests too at additional cost for my design time.

#12 ·
I'm branching out to other projects now and wanted to share my latest! I needed a clock for my shop, so I bought a clock mechanism and 3D printed one! I'm really pleased with how it turned out! I'm also working on another design to mimic the S4Rs tach syle as a clock, CAD image below. Perhaps I'll make that one too! Which design is your favorite and why?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.