Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Sold My Monster!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TheOther996s 
#1 ·
Sold it. Not sure how I'm supposed to feel. Looking in the garage at its spot is weird. A friend of a friend was looking for one. He lives about 4 miles from me and will probably ride with our group, so I'll get to see it. Which is cool. The last three bikes I've sold have gone to people in our group, so I'm used to seeing them after I sell them. It's just weird to see a bike I've owned since new, be gone after being such a big part of my riding life for the past 12 years.

Was telling some relatives the other day that I was selling a bike, and one asked whether I'd get another. Before I could say anything my wife chimed in and said "Of course he'll get another one." [laugh]

So, after some time to reflect on how many great rides I've had on that Monster, time to move on to ...

See ya' around old friend. :)

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
My wife ... 31 years of marriage ... total bliss. She spends money on god knows what, and I spend a little on my toys. ;)

Well, I have been thinking about it ... some. ;D A guy in our Italian motorcycle club just got a black Monster 1200R that caught my attention.

A friend of mine wants to sell his (really low mileage) '02 Foggy Monster.

I miss my thumper. Had a 450cc street legal Husky Enduro. Damn fun bike. And the new Husky 701 SuperMotard looks like it would be fun as hell.

KTM RC390 - cool bike, but probably not for me at this stage. At my age, sport bikes on the street have become less enjoyable (blame it on my aching left wrist). Had a MV Agusta F4-312R for five years that I rode on the street and sold it to a friend because as much as I loved the bike, it just caused me pain after about 40 miles. I still have my track bike as I can tolerate seven 20-minute sessions on a track in a day. Will be at Barber Motorsports Park in nine days!! Can't f'ing wait!!!

The new April Tuono Factory V4-1100 kind of interests me.

So, right now there are four bikes on my radar:
- '02 Foggy Monster
- Husqvarna 701 Supermotard
- Monster 1200R
- '16 Aprilia Tuono Factory V4-1100

Thoughts anyone? What am I overlooking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.