Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

S2R Timing belt covers (sensors)

6K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  rcmcfly 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I buried my 2002 750 after it was totaled from hitting gravel and laying it down and bought a 2007 S2R 1000 today. Holy **** that thing is scary fast, but now begins the fun part; upgrades. The 750 is going to be a parts gold mine; from it to the S2R I'll swap out:

Brembo Radial clutch grip, master, and slave
Fender eliminator with integrated brake light and turn signals
Ducati Comfort Seat
Short stalk turn signals up front
Starter motor wire (custom wire I created, routed under fuel tank instead of over the side of the bike
Crankcase breather vented out the back
CA Cycleworks coils, plug wires, etc

I was also thinking about doing the Speedymoto belt covers, but the S2R has sensors on its factory covers; what are these? Cant find anything online about them.

#3 ·
Yeah you are right; dual spark cylinders. I was hoping to use my Speedymoto open belt covers and CA Cycleworks ignition coils from my seven fiddy but they wont fit. I really cant find anything that is an upgrade as far as aftermarket ignition coils go, but maybe ill leave the oem ones for now. That seat isnt the same? I'll have to look at that. Thanks for the info btw:grin

#5 ·
Nah, its the same size as my M750, the motor is obviously bigger but thats it. Its got a lot of ****ing power though, you will definitely notice it. I believe there is about 20-25 more horsepower than my seven fiddy, so be prepared. What years is your 620?

#7 ·
you have 60HP at the rear wheel on a 620? My M750 had 65HP at the rear wheel before I wrecked it, and that was after being dyno tuned with a custom map made for the cylinders. I have Termi exhaust on it and TPO Parts "beast" kit pod filters and velocity stacks too.

#9 ·
Did you get it dyno'd? Ducati measures the HP at the crank, so the numbers will differ. The factory measurement is 57HP for your bike (at the crank)

#11 ·
I'd be careful with the open belt covers. I had the same ones on my S2R for 3-4 years and they looked great. Coming home from work, I stop to let the garage door open and somehow the battery tender cable got tangled with the vertical cylinder pulley. Bent valves, messed up guides, etc.. I got it repaired and it runs great. I still kick myself for doing the mod. After the rebuild, I took the open belt covers and threw them in the trash...

Dave

#12 ·
I don't have open belt covers on this one; they were on my M750, but I'm not doing it on this one. I've had the same problem as you; Speedymoto open belt covers and a rag got sucked into the center crank sprocket once. Bent both intake valves and cost me $800 to get repaired. I'm going to get the Rizoma clear/windowed ones on the S2R.

#16 ·
Yeah these are the 1000. These bikes are pretty similar though, except for the 200cc difference everything else is the same, yeah? You could take belt covers from my 750 and drill holes in the sides for the spark plugs,.

#26 ·
My bad, I was thinking of the 900 and the non DS 1000 motors in re: exhaust headers.

CB is off to a nice start! Funny, I also have a CB550, M750 parts bike, and my daily rider the M944. That's the 4.5 wheel from the 750 on your CB550?? tell us more about whats involved with that please...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.