Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Right turn signal flashes on shutdown

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ducati Jon 
#1 ·
Sorry if it's been covered but couldn't find it. When I shut my 05 S2r800 off my right turn signal flashes rapidly for several seconds. Any ideas?

Reactions: desmoJAX
#3 ·
Sorry, but the bike is long gone and I don 't recall what the issue was.

#5 ·
Mine too! 2005 S2R800 flashes on shut down

Does anyone know what this means? When I turn the key to OFF, the following happens for 5 seconds after shutdown:

right turn signal flashes slowly (like turn signal speed) for 3 flashes,
right turn signal flashes quickly for 6 flashes,
the oil temp LCD shows random, unusually high temps (between 250 - HIGH),
the speedo and tacho needles twitch around about 1/4 of lower dial
maint light flashes,
then nothing.

In troubleshooting a reoccurring and false P0351/P0352 ignition coil a/b fault code, I have replaced the ENTIRE wire harness/loom, both coils, plug wires, ECU and reflashed to Ducati Performance map and removed immobilizer (with tuneECU android app).

The only thing "electrical" remaining is possibly an internal glitch in the instrument panel? But I'm hesitant to spend $350 for the gamble of SOS Diagnostics to tell me the cluster is "fine". Anyone else have this problem, please give us a clue. This gremlin is a strange one.

#7 ·
Hi MJ,

No, I didn't solve the blinker issue. However, I have noticed something that makes it temporarily go away and makes me think it's related to the instrument cluster. If I let my fuel go low enough to turn on the "low fuel" dummy light and then turn off the bike... NO BLINKING TURN SIGNAL. I don't have a schematic for the internals of the cluster, so I'll likely send it out to SOS Diagnostics to see what they can find/repair. It's around $400, I think. (http://sosdiagnostics.com/Ducati.html) For now, I've just been dealing with it, since it doesn't seem to affect the bike otherwise. I'd be interested if you get the same results.

Good luck

#8 ·
hi, thanks fo reply,
i will try that and let you know

could you try this?
when i leave the blinker switch on to left or right before turning the key off, than it doesn't blink after key off... and it remembers the state and starts blinking (omn the corresct side) after next key on...

#10 ·
This is happening to me as well. Blinker flash after shut down. Just this week the bike actually won't start now. Gonna try the red key to proof out any issues with the immo. I had issues with the immo in the past but the dealer said it was the HID ballast interfering. I've done removed the HIDs and after a year if normal use the immo issue may be back.

#11 ·
For the record... My low for sensor stopped working last season as well... Rabbit hole!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.