Ducati performance baterry charger/tester (967373AAA) - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Ducati performance baterry charger/tester (967373AAA)

Hi all,

Wife bought me the Ducati performance baterry tester/charger (967373AAA) for my ducati monster 696 as a christmas present.

Open it up and I always thought that the battery charger plug right to the DDA/DDS plug (underneath the seat)? however I couldn't.

Contacted my dealer and sent them some pics, turns out that I have to install the pigtail that comes with the charger to the battery.

Isn't it the purpose of paying $230 for a Ducati charger is plg and play?

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys who are considering to buy the Ducati performance baterry tester/charger (967373AAA) know that it is not plug and play.

Anyone here that has the same charger has the same experience?

Thank you.
Nakatalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
SJS

You may want to get back with your dealer on this one. I have the same charger for my M1100S and it plugs in to the DDA connection as designed. My charger came with a short connector line that plugs in to the DDA connection and connects to the main line from the charger. There is a small protection plug that you need to remove from the DDA connection also. It also came with an adapter for the EU plug to fit electrical outlets in N.A.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi SJS,

Thank you for your reply. I could definitely use your help as my dealer seems to not have any clue about this.

Please check the link below and please let me know if you have the same charger:

http://www.ducatiperformance.com/duc...Path=22_76_104

If you do, mine come with 4 items in the package.
1. the charger. (Pic 2)
2. the US electrical outlet converter plug.
3. the cable that connects to the charger. (Pic 2)
4. another cable that has male connector (looks like DDA port) but has a pigtail connectors. (for the battery). (Pic 3)

I have included a pic of my DDA port, which are located underneath the seat. (pic 4).

Please advice and in the mean time, I may call other dealer to see if they have more info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	100337   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	100338   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	100339  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
SJS

Little misunderstanding on my behalf. The attached link is what I have which is not the same as yours.

http://store.ducatiusa.com/product/3...attery_Charger
Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

oh bummer...

Thank you SJS for the info.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think the DDA is only standard on the 1098 and 1198, which would be why you don't have a connection. I looked into that when I wanted a tender for my bike and it turns out only the high performance sport bikes have them. You can get one installed, but it'll cost you A LOT. On the flip side, I got a Battery Tender brand connector installed...it was about $65 for parts and labor and it probably works just as good as the DP one.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
CoolBDPhenom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
SJS

You are correct, the bikes do not come with the DDA itself but the 696, 796 and 1100 are all advertised as DDA ready. All this means is that the wiring is in place for the DDA and it will accept the Ducati battery charger instead of running leads directly off the battery.

Here is the DDA info direct from the Ducati site. This is the same for all 3 models.
The instrument display also doubles as a control panel for the activation of the Ducati Data Analyser (DDA) system, which is available as an accessory from Ducati Performance. The bike has been built ‘system-ready’ for the data acquisition kit, which consists of special DDA software and a memory key that slots into a plug under the seat. The same plug also doubles as the connection for a handy new battery charger available as an accessory from Ducati Performance.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, it's kind of lame, but you should get a standard battery tender and do it yourself or pay the dealership a few bucks. Otherwise, the DDA dongle is like $300.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
CoolBDPhenom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement