Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

CITY ! 1999 Monster CITY owners ... UNITE !

13K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Nato73 
#1 ·
Please post up (with pics preferably) if you are a

1999 DUCATI Monster CITY owner !!!

Odd Duc ?

I think of the 150 US units, we might have 10% (or more) of them on the DML !
(source: Ducati Monster Production & Distribution table )

SO FAR:

mine (BumpaD_Z28)
SP3
KaliDuke1
sims159914
RLars42

THANKS ~DaVe

See less See more
#3 ·
Here's Mine:

Attachments

#12 ·
Here is my City...I bought my City from a guy in MA. He had a carbon fiber windshield fairing and nothing City about it (besides the color). I wish he would had the handlebars, windshield fairing and saddle bags...oh well.

Attachments

#17 ·
Kui said:
what makes a city city?

"City - The City bikes had taller handlebars (for a more upright riding posture), a windscreen, the Mandarina Duck bags, and lower gearing for city riding. The color on these bikes was blue."

As you can see most of the Cities have been modified to the point where all that remains is the BLUE paint :)

~DaVe

#19 · (Edited)
Hope I'm not too late

I have not been on the board in a while, but I too am a 1999 City owner. I bought it back in Jul 2006 from a fellow DML member. I fell in love with the color. My 4yr old son and I got to change the oil and start it while I was on vacation, but no ride. I will be back from Iraq soon, and we will be reunited. And will be doing a valve adjustment and belts. The picture is one that was taken by the previous owner. I currently live in Huntsville, so if anyone wants to ride in a few months, hit me up. Who has the Turbo City? Any pictures of that bike would be great.
Oh yea, I do have the factory bags for mine

Attachments

#23 ·
I just got a city too! Great bike, I got it cheap, but it's black now and missing fairing, seat cowl, higher and bags. It's a very cool bike that everybody comments on. That mad max/sexy/uptown look is stellar. But I used to restore cars for a living, and am compelled to go back to blue for authenticity. Oh, and it only has 4,750 miles on it !
Any body got parts? Especially saddlebags!! I am a teacher and drag my laptop everyday to school. Saddlebags would be cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.