Rear seat cowl for a "Matrix" Monster (forest green?) - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rear seat cowl for a "Matrix" Monster (forest green?)

So I am just curious about the rear cowl that I am missing. I would like to buy one but I am guessing I will need to take it to a paint shop and have them paint it forest-green. I have a Matrix edition Monster and I am almost positive this color green is not easy to find because it's a limited edition.

Does anyone have advice on where I can get a ready-to-paint seat cowl? Or maybe even a pre-painted one in the correct color?
eesnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Rear seat cowl for a "Matrix" Monster (forest green?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesnas
So I am just curious about the rear cowl that I am missing. I would like to buy one but I am guessing I will need to take it to a paint shop and have them paint it forest-green. I have a Matrix edition Monster and I am almost positive this color green is not easy to find because it's a limited edition.

Does anyone have advice on where I can get a ready-to-paint seat cowl? Or maybe even a pre-painted one in the correct color?
Good luck finding one that color.

I've only seen one Matrix bike and it was a 998.

You can buy new unpainted plastics from the dealer.
cycle-cat clip-ons, corbin seat, dp lowmount aluminum cans, 15/41, dynojet stage 2, drilled airbox, spa tach/ speedo, supersport fender, race tech front, ohlins rear,dp carbon tail, braided lines, 100w H4<br /><br /><br /><br />&quot; Of all the things I've lost; It's my mind I miss most &quot;<br /><br />By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends
ducpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I figure I will have a tough time finding pre-painted. The only other Matrix M620 I saw was crashed and being parted out on ebay, I believe the rear cowl was scratched up. It's not a big deal but I think it would look nice, I guess I should assume a body shop can look at my tank and match the color pretty close. I have no interest in the windshield but I think the seat cowl would look good on my bike. I am also thinking of getting some bar-end mirrors. I swore I would not put money into this bike but it's tough to resist...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd take my tank to a paint supplier with a color camera and have it scanned.

You should get a close match that way.
cycle-cat clip-ons, corbin seat, dp lowmount aluminum cans, 15/41, dynojet stage 2, drilled airbox, spa tach/ speedo, supersport fender, race tech front, ohlins rear,dp carbon tail, braided lines, 100w H4<br /><br /><br /><br />&quot; Of all the things I've lost; It's my mind I miss most &quot;<br /><br />By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends
ducpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to motolocopat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducpainter
I'd take my tank to a paint supplier with a color camera and have it scanned.

You should get a close match that way.
Go with Ducpainters advice........ It's what he does
You should have snatched up the one you had found and had it buffed out and then repainted.
I'm sure that a good paint shop can get it pretty much spot on and doubt you would be able to tell the difference, much less someone that wasn't looking for it.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

not like anyone else will need it but ducati NA sells it painted in the Matrix-Green color... $195, part number is 59510252BX
Old 01-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

When your done please post pics!!! [thumbsup] i lorv to see a Matrix ed. - Chris
Old 01-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

I seem to recall that the cowl had the "Matrix" scrolling characters on it too...
25695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesnas
not like anyone else will need it but ducati NA sells it painted in the Matrix-Green color... $195, part number is 59510252BX
That seems like a pretty good price for DNA!
lwszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAKID
I seem to recall that the cowl had the "Matrix" scrolling characters on it too...
No, the "code" is only on the tank on the Matrix Monster... the cowl is just a matching green with the fender. I never got, nor do I desire, the windscreen... I dig the Matrix thing but there's some days where I want to not be the Matrix guy so I bought a Bagster tank bra and a bag to go with it. In the summer I don't use my car so I really needed a bag and I think the tank looks really nice wrapped in leather. For bike runs or shows I will probably take the bra off the tank but for everyday use it will give me an easy way to change the look of the bike quickly... My thinking is that the bike will look balanced with the green fender and the cowl on both ends of the bike with the leather-wrapped tank in the middle. I think it will look really good with the cowl and the extra little bits I order in a few weeks from monsterparts.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement