Shoei X-Eleven Crash Test Review - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shoei X-Eleven Crash Test Review

I had the opportunity to crash test my Shoei X-Eleven, it was not on a motorcyle. I was riding a go cart around in the parking lot and thought it would be a good idea to do some drifting. My mistake was that I started my drift too late or I held the drift too long, either way I ran out of parking lot. I ended up flipping the go cart and skiding along upside down on my head for a good 20 feet. There was a roll bar on the go cart and I was buckled in. The shield broke off and the outer shell was badly scraped. I took a hard hit to my shoulder and knee but my head came through without injury.

I have bled more blood, had more scrapes and scars on go carts than any motorcycle I have ever riden. I can honestly say that I am an extremely safe motorcycle rider but put me in a go cart and I lose all common sense and reasoning, I become fearless, wreckless, and insane.
tex-mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

good thing you wore a helmet!

in a similar event, when I started ski instructing, I realized I was going faster on the exact same slopes that I regularly rode my downhill bike durring the summer. I would never imagine riding without a helmet, so I decided to get on for skiing. Had a typical so cal winter storm- the snow melted down, iced up and got an inch of dust over it, just enough to cover up the branch that had melted out earlier- hit so hard I shatterd the toe off an Atomic GS binding and split the ski, did a flip and landed on the back of my head on the dusted ice. Cracked the foam in the helmet but limped away from the experience without head trauma. The weekend after Nicole Richards-Liam Neeson's late wife- died on a ski slope from a head injury.
65218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Take some pics of the helmet.
imstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex-mex View Post
put me in a go cart and I lose all common sense and reasoning, I become fearless, wreckless, and insane.
HA! I can understand... My friend is on a go cart racing team... Too much fun!

Glad you are ok.
Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement