Changing to Rizoma Grips - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Changing to Rizoma Grips

Hi all,

I have bought a pair of new Rizoma Grips to replace the originals.

I have the left one on fine and have also got the retro mirror fitted as well and it is looking very nice. On the right hand side though I just want to check before progressing.

The instructions say remove the two screws to gain access to the cable so I can fit the new one. However I got that far and cant work out how to get any further. Am I missing something? Or do I need to unbolt the two bolts on the throttle as well?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
you have to unbolt the throttle assembly so you can put the new cam in the housing that came with the grip- the two 8mm bolts.make sure to put some graphite lube inside the grip on the throttle side as they are just metal rubbing on metal and can start to grind over time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that and the advice about the graphite.Thought I needed to take them apart but thought would check first.

Appreciate the help.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 AM
SHAB, in my honest opinion, that was a big mistake dude...

If we're talking about the sportline grips, well, let me just say after 5 months of use i'm going to swap 'em for something else.
Never had any cramps/numbness/pain with grips in general but the Rizoma ones is the typical case of "form over function" :

1) i'm having pains in the palm area due to them since i have to grip them pretty hard since they're so thin in diameter.

2) The grippy surface is very small on them and located on the outer part - not very ergonomic, plus, depending on the gloves you'll be wearing, they're going to be slippery.
Rain only adds to the problem.

3) Due to their aluminum nature (and small rubber/grip surface) vibration-wise they're are all over the place, this, in conjuction with (1) lead - again - to hand pain...

They sure are well-built and look good (i.e:"bling factor") BUT, they're just that, only looks and nothing more unfortunately.

If you plan only on riding in the city i suppose they're OK, for small/long trips though they're going to be torture...

Just my 2 cents.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
i was looking at grip replacement and id almost rather go with aftermarket rubber grips or dirt bike grips that are made nice and soft for shock absorption. I agree with the above post. metal accessories are nice.. except on grips.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Spider Grips!!!
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode