How To: Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirror Install (M1100S) - Page 4 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #31 (permalink)

The parts supplied by Rizoma.

Not all the parts are needed, but you will need bar ends (in this case Rizoma 23mm).

Start by removing the old mirror, just undo the marked bolt. Note that the right mirror (on the throttle side) is reverse threaded so is removed by turning clockwise.

There are several ways to tidy up the gaping hole you leave behind. I elected to just turn the clamp upside down, as I couldn't find plastic hole caps that would fit (1/4" I believe).

And then remove the stock bar end. I used a combination of increasingly wide screwdriver blades and a pair of pliers to gently prise it out.

Last edited by StephenC; 11-06-2012 at 07:05 PM.
StephenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #32 (permalink)

Fit together the new bar end. Note: the conical metal part on the left of the pictures is the threaded one and is on the opposite way around to the way it came in the pack.

Hand tighten the conical bolt, until it is snug against the funny metal spacer thingy (the technical term!). Insert the whole thing into the end of the bar and tighten with an allen key. Try to leave a small (1mm) gap between the bar end and the end of the grip, on the throttle side bar. This lets the throttle turn freely.

Then attach the Rizoma mirror stalk. You can hang them under the bar but this didn't look "right" to me so I did them this way. I used the white spacer that came with the mirror. It went on the clutch side easily but was a tight fit on the throttle side. I think it would have fitted without the spacer but had to be really tightened and I was worried that the circle of the clamp was quite deformed by the time I got it to grip, so I used the spacer.

Finally screw on the mirror, with the supplied screw (it is hidden behind the first layer of foam in the box, if you can't find it!).
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #33 (permalink)

I have a 2012 1100 EVO. Do you happen to know if the parts used for the installation will be the same as yours? I'm planning to purchase the same Rizoma Bar Ends. Did you end up using any of the items that came with the bar ends?
Bhizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

I haven't had a close enough look at the EVO, but would imagine these would fit fine. I mounted the mirrors to the bar ends. I used the internals from the mirror kit, rather than the bar ends, as it looked stronger. Good luck with your instal.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Is the short screw shown in your picture used to attach the mirror to the stalk?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

Yes, it is
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick responses Stephen! I put on the bar ends already but was trying to fit the mirror onto the stalk with the shortest screw they provided. It actually seemed a bit too short. Did you use the shortest screw provided with the mirrors?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure that's what I used. I don't have the bike any more so I can't check for you. I do remember thinking it might move but was then impressed that it stayed solid, even when I adjusted the mirror's position. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #39 (permalink)

You've helped a lot with this tutorial. Anyway I can rep you somehow on this board?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #40 (permalink)

I'm glad to help. That's what these boards are about. I've had my fair share of help and advice here as well. No doubt, in the future you will give somebody else a hand and so on.
Advertisement