Attention - Password and Security Update - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Mik

Garage
damn it...I'm gunna have to change my password to fluffy1 :P

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 PM

Okay, this is the second Ducati forum in two weeks that has over-reacted to a perceived "threat". My Ducati forum password is more secure than State Department emails.
Why the furor? We are not protecting financial info or National Security.

Finally, how do I change it to something I can actually remember?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionengnr View Post
Okay, this is the second Ducati forum in two weeks that has over-reacted to a perceived "threat". My Ducati forum password is more secure than State Department emails.
Why the furor? We are not protecting financial info or National Security.

Finally, how do I change it to something I can actually remember?
Here's why this is going down.

VerticalScope Systems Hacked, 45 Million Users Affected

I want to know how I can get rid of this annoying line at the top of the page:

Verification Required You are not fully registered. Please follow this link or check the email inbox associated with your account to complete your registration process.

It asks for a mobile number for SMS verification...for US/Canada residents only. I reside in neither of those countries...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 AM

please get back my own password. you changed it without me so I not too glad to know it and I don't want a new password. over five or seven years I read and write some posts here but I'll stop to do it? because I can't remember an aBrAkAdAbRaS passwords.
thanks, Armen.

the end of game is a start of game.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

hey all,

Sorry about the wait, If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
- Email On the account
- Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

Again, I personally apologize about the wait. We are tackling the password transition as quickly as we can.

as for the breach, please read the press release here from our website for accurate information, not the article above: http://www.verticalscope.com/about-u...ta-breach.html

if you need anything else, let me know.

~Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode