New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 6 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 11Likes

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC Monster View Post
Jeff,

I updated to iOS 9.1 last night and it seems to have taken care of auto reloading to the mobile version.

The other issue (cannot scroll left or right, and entire page not displaying in vertical layout) has not been resolved with the update. However, it is my understanding this is a known issue and will be corrected with a site update sometime down the road. Is this still correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UglyBastard View Post
I have the latest android. any time I try to view the computer version on my phone it stays the same as the mobile version.
They setup the fix on 10/21 so try clearing your cache, making sure you are logged in and not in private browser to keep your settings.

Let me know if that works.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manger

If you need Admin support please post here:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/...gestions-help/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
They setup the fix on 10/21 so try clearing your cache, making sure you are logged in and not in private browser to keep your settings.

Let me know if that works.

Jeff
Clearing the cache does not fix the ability to scroll left or right or zoom out on certain pages. Also, the link to the full site from the drop down menu on the mobile version does not take you to the full site. However, if you click the full site link at the bottom of the page, it will.

Looks like there is no change outside of Safari on iOS 9.1 auto reloading pages. The site isn't fixed. I've come to expect the reduced functionality of this site since the update but I find myself not using the site nearly as much as I used to because of these issues.

2013 Monster 796
Termignoni slip ons
14t front sprocket
Charcoal canister delete
Motovation frame sliders
CRG Hindsight Lane Splitters
ASV C5 shorty levers
Rizoma Action signals
1100 EVO rearsets
Speedymoto front sprocket cover
Ducabike rear sprocket carrier
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Clearing the cache does not fix the ability to scroll left or right or zoom out on certain pages. Also, the link to the full site from the drop down menu on the mobile version does not take you to the full site. However, if you click the full site link at the bottom of the page, it will.

Looks like there is no change outside of Safari on iOS 9.1 auto reloading pages. The site isn't fixed. I've come to expect the reduced functionality of this site since the update but I find myself not using the site nearly as much as I used to because of these issues.
10-4, gotcha.

I know they have a team working on mobile making improvements, it is hard to get it to work 100% on all browser, devices, and software. However more update should hit Q1 of 2016.

Can you grab and post up some screen shot and I will see if it is something they can tweak?

Have you tried the free Motorcycle.com App?

http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manger

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 12:49 PM

Garage
I posted screen shots on page 3. There have been no changes since then. I believe the post number is 29.

No, I haven't tried the app yet. I've always appreciated the simplicity of having multiple windows opened in Safari and toggling between them to browse multiple forums, rather than going to a separate app.

It's frustrating to hear comments like "it's hard to get it to work 100% on all browsers, devices, and software." Especially, when it's not working 100% on either of the 2 predominate mobile operating systems (iOS and Android) AND given the fact the site worked fine prior to the update.

With that said, I REALLY appreciate the effort you are putting in to attempting to improve our user experience.
VS Jeff likes this.

2013 Monster 796
Termignoni slip ons
14t front sprocket
Charcoal canister delete
Motovation frame sliders
CRG Hindsight Lane Splitters
ASV C5 shorty levers
Rizoma Action signals
1100 EVO rearsets
Speedymoto front sprocket cover
Ducabike rear sprocket carrier
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
I posted screen shots on page 3. There have been no changes since then. I believe the post number is 29.

No, I haven't tried the app yet. I've always appreciated the simplicity of having multiple windows opened in Safari and toggling between them to browse multiple forums, rather than going to a separate app.

It's frustrating to hear comments like "it's hard to get it to work 100% on all browsers, devices, and software." Especially, when it's not working 100% on either of the 2 predominate mobile operating systems (iOS and Android) AND given the fact the site worked fine prior to the update.

With that said, I REALLY appreciate the effort you are putting in to attempting to improve our user experience.
Understood and thanks for the follow up.

I found the old ticket from August and it is an upgrade coming but no ETA yet. I will log it for the next meeting on mobile for Version 2.0

There are issues with the responsive or fluid design that are not fully formatting at this time which is why you get that.

I wish I could help more but we will get there.

Jeff
UNC Monster likes this.

Jeff
Community Manger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode