Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Testastretta owners MPG?

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  orionengnr 
#1 ·
just wondering what some other people are getting as far as fuel economy...

if you'd like to participate, please include the following:

1: MPG
2: year & model
3: driving style
4: driving conditions
5: fuel octane and relative modifications

i'll go first

1: 34-35
2: 2007 S4RS Testastretta
3: Mostly aggressive, but not like SBK-level
4: approximately 60% highway, 40% city/back road
5: 93 octane. Termi shorty, Pipercross filter, HSBK open airbox, Motowheels reflash

thanks!

#2 ·
Very little MPG.

Reactions: Mad-Duk-Man
#3 ·
Very poor, but I've never calculated it. 30-35 mpg would sound about right. Worse than my Busa and it's pretty poor. 90% backroad riding, 50% aggressive, the rest at the speed limit or close.

#6 ·
i was just trying to get some other owners opinions so i know if im in the right kind of ballpark as for fuel economy.

i didnt buy this one in particular for MPG, but it does get MUCH better MPG than my STi and GTI work beater lol. my Harley and my old M900 both got 50ish, and at a time when my Evo got 5-7mph, the bikes paid for themselves ;)

#8 ·
1: 32ish?
2: 2007 Monster S4RT
3: Semi aggressive, nothing too crazy
4: even mix of city, highway and curvy roads
5: 87 octane. Arrow headers with shortened Termi mufflers, DP ECU, lightened flywheel (not sure if that would change anything), open air box with K&N filter and 14/44 gearing.

I recently tried running 91 but was having hard starts, stalling and misfire issues. I am in an experimental phase as far as octane goes.

#11 ·
The guys I know that add the T are doing so usually to signify titanium paint scheme. Why? I don't know.
The 2003 - 2006 S4R are Desmoquattro powered and the 2007 S4R is a Testastretta. So if you just say S4R people might think the 996 engine (quattro) and not the 998 (Testa) . Also the T could refer to the titanium color the 2007 S4RT came in but generally its for the engine.

#10 ·
The guys I know that add the T are doing so usually to signify titanium paint scheme. Why? I don't know.

#12 · (Edited)
1: 38MPG
2: 2014 M1200
3: Hwy 80mph
4: 40*F-60*F
5: 93 Octane, Comp Werkes Exhaust w dB killer & Puig Windscreen

My touring MPG is pretty decent I'd say. Just did a 500+ mile trip and I did a bit better than 38MPG : ) I spent less than 40$ on gas. The cold temperature and the rain didn't seem to affect the MPG's too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.