Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

'07 Monster 695 Tail chop/ Integrated Tail Light

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  COSTAN695 
#1 ·
I made a few mods to my '07 monster 695 about a year ago and am just now getting around to sharing the details ;D
(Check out the attachment)

I grabbed a few parts from http://www.ducatimonstertailchop.com to include:
Integrated tail light (smoke) and stealth license plate kit. I also removed the bug antennas and threw on some cats eye bar-end mirrors.

The whole process took about 4 hours, as there is some simple frame cutting that needs to be done. The instructions that come from DMTC are very easy to understand. You just need a hacksaw, metal file, and some tape before making the frame cuts. They walk you through this process and have detailed pictures to follow. The parts they provide are quality and I can honestly say that after making the changes, I've fallen in love with the monster again. These mods completely streamline the look of the bike; especially the stealth license plate which shows off the rear tire. Now that the beer tray is gone from the tail, you can see all the way through each side. This is also with the help of a skinny RH body panel I ordered off the web. The stock panel on the right side had an extra bulge to hide the emissions canister (which was also removed using a TPO parts kit). The stealth tail light comes with all the necessary wiring but you made need some extra rubber washers to space the seat-locking mechanism from the light. It tends to buzz a bit now that the cover is resting almost directly on the light. Overall, awesome mods you can make for around $200.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.