Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Bursig stand NO-GO for classic Monster

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Qomomoko 
#1 ·
Just a heads up everyone. I ordered a Bursig stand for my 2000 M900S, I need to replace the lower triple clamp, and remove the swing arm. But for this bike the stand uses the swing arm pivot hole to lift the motorcycle, not the frame bolt.

Patrick from Bursig USA immediately told me I could return the stand for a refund, so that's cool, except I'm out the shipping costs, both ways.

Now I still need to figure out how to lift the bike and support my bike with the triple clamps and swing arm removed. Any ideas?

#5 ·
Monster S4 2002. Sold my 2015 R1 and am trying to use my Bursig stand on my S4 but seems impossible which is not possible .

Have an old 1993 ninja 250 with parts of a 2008 (my track bike) which would love to use the bursig on.

Been corresponding with Patrick from Bursig for over a year to get the plate but little luck.
Here is a pic of a luckier S4 owner

It is a matter of getting the the right sleeve, then the right top and bottom pins, and a plate LOL

Maybe a body shop or machinist if I get the measurements right, though I rather let Bursig do it right for me :)
Any suggestion guys for solving this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.