Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Tune ECU DP Map on S2R 800 cold weather

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Dvy3178 
#1 ·
I recently tried to upload the DP Map on my 07 S2R. I have GPR Slip ons and the DP open airbox with DP filter. The Bike would not stay idling, kept dying at every light I got stopped at and seems to hesitate/sputter at low speeds. On Highway, seemed to run perfectly fine. Now, it was only 40 degrees out when I tried this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this with the DP Map? Does it make it even more cold blooded, is it a warm weather map? My bikes temp never really got to above 130 by the time I made it back. I don't drive like a bat out of hell either, so maybe my driving style is the problem, as well. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#12 ·
New to this idea of TuneECU but intrigued. I have an 07 S4RS with open airbox and quat-d exbox (no cat) exhaust. Currently still running the stock map on the ecu. Is it really possible to load the DP map instead with TuneECU for $12 with my android phone? If anyone wants to give me a better explanation of how this all works I'd really appreciate it!

#13 ·
Yes, I downloaded the map directly from that site. I used the one marked "Ducati performance exhaust" under S2R 800. It's file name is 2219PZ10, and from what I can tell, is the map designation for the DP Map. When you plug in tune ECU for the first time, you can 'backup' the map that is currently on your ECU. When you do that, it displays which map it is. I.e. When I backed up my ECU, the map showed 2219DZ13, which is the stock map designation.

#15 ·
What are you guysuding for throttle body sync/tps reset

#16 · (Edited)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this one.

I've been working on an '05 S2R 800 and am having the same issue as the OP. Was running the standard tune and opted for the DP map, as I'm running arrow cans and open exhaust.

I remapped with the DP map and it stumbled on acceleration and was basically unridable. I ended up doing a TPS reset, but that didn't fix it. I remapped with the original map (that previously ran ok, except some popping on decel - which was the reason I wanted to remap) and the stumble was still there. Seems like the TPS reset messed something up. I also could have sworn that the TPS value was higher when I first checked the bike over before resetting it. I made sure the throttle cable was loose enough to not be pulled more when the bars were turned, etc. The TPS value when the bike is off is also one or two lower than when it's on, not sure if that causes issues. Do I have a bad TPS? I've run TPS resets on all my bikes and never had any problems. I also bought a carbtune and checked the body balance and it looks pretty good.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#17 ·
Old thread I know, but I have had no good experiences with Tune ECU for Ducati. Perhaps the Windows version is better. Why it doesn't support Ducati, I have no idea.. I only keep it around for "emergency" TPS resets and so forth if I don't have a PC around. Even then I usually have to go back with Guzzi Diag and clear faults that appear everytime I use it, and turn off the CEL. In my personal opinion, spend the 40 or 50 bucks for the LoneElec adapter, $0 for Guzzi Diag, $0 for Tuner Pro, and learn your way around it. Experiment with a couple different .XDF files and see which one feels right. If you can swing a wide-band AFR meter, even better. Spend time riding and watching the tach. Figure out where lulls and flat spots while riding correspond with the map and graphs in Tuner Pro. Download the .bin file from your own bike and start with the factory map and work off of it. Stay away from anything that claims "Ducati Performance" or "DP". They're crap. Their Deltas are backwards and totally jacked. They're full of dead points to keep them legal, and make them sound distinctive. I'm sure the real deal is not quite as dismal, however we do not have the ability to easily access the complete EEPROM in order to change throttle breakpoints, cylinder identification, and so forth. So DP maps on readily available tuning software is a square peg in a round hole. The key is learning to connect what you feel in the saddle and what you see on the screen. Don't overthink it and find what you and your bike agree with. Let's not forget just a few years ago, these same bikes had carburetors. No delta tables, no MAPP or O2 sensors, no trims, or throttle correction table. And yet in the right hands they ran really, really good. Personally, I'm at a point in my life where I'm rather fond of being able to dial in a motor in a few periodic moments on a keyboard rather than removing and reinstalling float bowls for hours and smelling like gasoline for days. IDK. Just saying...
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Car
Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Engine Tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.