Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

95 M900 build thread

14K views 49 replies 7 participants last post by  pinion 
#1 ·
Ok, I will stop polluting the intro with a massive amount of post whoreing.
Picked up a 95 M900 from a friend of mine who got it from being abandoned outside. Traded and 02 FZ1 for it. I might have been shafted, but ive wanted a 1st gen M900 for awhile.
Anywho. poor elephant has set outside most of its life, lots of pitted cases, rusted bolts, and frame, as well as a beat up tanks. This riding season I'm just playing with it and removing. After riding season I will disassemble jonny 5.
With stuff around my shop I did a mild makeover.
Before, 9/19/2015

As of today

parts removed

Cost $ 89 for belts

See less See more
#9 ·
A little movment, Rearsets on, brake and clutch lines on. put on the Brembo gold brake and clutch master, but will change out to some sweet Brembo radial masters. Relocated kill switch, and trying out an old Honda turn signal, Dip switch, much smaller then stock. Still waiting on parts, most from Europe.

#21 ·
I bought the same ones on eBay for $149 from the UK for my wife's bike build.

#27 · (Edited)
. Wrong reply.

#32 ·
just got tread on wheel, so fender fab time. and the more chopping of the frame
Some other goodies are in, custom GPS speedo, and custom tac. a donor tank to chop up and play with. and a few other old school Duc bits the might get incorporated. Ready for metal baby, seat design....... Check
getting tore down, forks and swingarm off to machine shop
oh the funn

#33 ·
Not to overwhelm, but quite a bit of work has been done. Modified frame and gas tank, made rear seat pan, and a host of other changes and mods
Actually just about complete. waiting on some parts. And looking for a set of piston rings, stock. 900ss
please enjoy the following pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.